We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental in Tunbridge Wells? or Tunbridge?

Which Royal Tunbridge Wells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
north of Boston
reviews: 1
car rental in Tunbridge Wells? or Tunbridge?

We will be travelling from London to Tunbridge Wells (or Tunbridge, not sure which is best...) via train in late September. I would like to rent a car at or near the train station for use touring Kent for the next few days (I thought it would be easier to get out of London by train and rent a car on the outskirts, rather than take my life in my hands, rent in London and try to make my way to the countryside.) I am having trouble getting car rental info though. Are there rental facilities anywhere near either of the stations I mentioned? Is it possible to do this? Suggestions please :-)

West Malling...
reviews: 3
11. Re: car rental in Tunbridge Wells? or Tunbridge?

Hi Zopzing

Someone mentioned Enterprise and there is an Enterprise rent a car outlet, which is only a couple of minutes walk from Tonbridge station. Walk out of the station and turn right, walk along the main road, past St. Stephens church on the right. You should see a Shell garage on the left a little further up and the Enterprise outlet is behind that. About 3 minutes walk from the station. Tonbridge has the advantage of being a larger station so all trains from Charing Cross, London Bridge and Waterloo East will stop there. Not much in Tonbridge to see itself though where as Tunbridge Wells has a pretty area called the Pantilles. There are lot of historical sites & places of interest in the surrounding villages of both towns though.

Phil.

England
reviews: 11
12. Re: car rental in Tunbridge Wells? or Tunbridge?

Hi zopzing,

Thanks for the clarification of your plans.

A bit rude of me to refer to you in the third person I know but, depending on the context, OP can mean the "Original Poster" (you) or "Original Post" (not the replies).

Have a good journey and enjoy Kent.

Allons

13. Re: car rental in Tunbridge Wells? or Tunbridge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 30, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Royal Tunbridge Wells