We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Premier Inn

Which Canterbury hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
reviews: 158
New Premier Inn

Just a heads up that a brand new Premier Inn is taking shape and looks like it won't be too long before opening. It's not yet on the company's website list of hotel's opening soon but can't be too far off so would recommend keeping an eye on www.premierinn.com/en/news/latest_hotels.html

The exterior is complete except for the ground floor and the big Premier Inn sign has gone up. All looking very smart!

This is a new build hotel just a five minute walk from the southern end of the main pedestrianised street. For anyone familiar with Canterbury, it's situated half-way between the Travelodge Chaucer Hotel and the Ebury Hotel on the former Blockbuster Video/Oddbins Wine Merchant site (corner of A2050 New Dover Road and A257 Lower Chantry Lane).

10 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 19
1. Re: New Premier Inn

Excellent news and perhaps a chance next year for me to use some of my Premier Inn bonus points or whatever they are. Very handy for the cricket ground.

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
reviews: 39
2. Re: New Premier Inn

Sounds good :) I've never yet stayed in a Premier Inn, but they always look quite good.

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent
reviews: 58
3. Re: New Premier Inn

BayBOy.....Thanks for this information. I've just attempted a dummy booking with your link and the earliest date (so far) for booking is February 2014.

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
4. Re: New Premier Inn

Thanks mcpinder, I've now found the hotel's website that you must've tried the dummy booking on. Looks like the hotel will be called Premier Inn Canterbury City Centre:

premierinn.com/en/…canterbury-city-centre

It's going to have a Thyme restaurant on site but because of the location there'll be lots of alternative options for eating nearby as well.

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
5. Re: New Premier Inn

According to the local newspaper there will be a Tesco Express convenience store on the ground floor which is set to open in December. Competition (or maybe not) for the big Waitrose supermarket directly opposite.

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
6. Re: New Premier Inn

I've just looked again and rates are now available from Dec 19 onwards, though it has still not been added to the list of hotels "opening soon" on the website.

It's looking like the hotel will occupy the top four floors of this five-storey building with two retail units on the ground floor (Tesco Express due to open Dec 10 and the other still unconfirmed).

essex, UK
reviews: 28
7. Re: New Premier Inn

Any idea if there will be free parking? If not where will be best place to park? Fancy a weekend away in Feb 2014 and would like to visit Canterbury

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
8. Re: New Premier Inn

Hi nosecondchance, the hotel's website link above in #4 shows a P£ icon, when you hover over this it states "Chargeable parking - check with hotel for charges".

The nearest public car park will be Longport, just over the road about 50m walk - entrance on Lower Chantry Lane - not cheap though and probably no better than the hotel. For the city car park guide including rates see https:/…

There's not really any daytime free and unrestricted on-street parking in the vicinity that I can think of, except for Ersham Road which I thought had 4 hrs free parking during the day and unrestricted after 6pm however the above website suggests it's Pay & Display so I'll have to check this.

The main Premier Inn website's new hotels list shows the opening date as Dec 16th but still no availability until Dec 19th

Edited: 8:10 pm, December 02, 2013
Dover, United...
reviews: 52
9. Re: New Premier Inn

You can park at Dover Road Park & Ride for £2.50 per day. Not too far from the bus station, plus the bus would go passed the Premier Inn on the way back...

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
10. Re: New Premier Inn

Not a bad idea for a single night's stay as long as you don't have too much luggage to get on the bus.

I've just checked the P&R details which state

-Exit 24/7 with validated ticket

-£3.00 per car and up to 6 passengers

-Maximum stay 24 hours

Reply to: New Premier Inn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted