We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Welling

Which Kent hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Whitby, Canada
Accommodation in Welling

Hello,

Looking for short term accommodation in Welling. Does anyone know of any good links? Would need at least one week rental. Not really familiar with the area. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

1. Re: Accommodation in Welling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:55 am, July 11, 2013
Dunfermline, United...
reviews: 39
2. Re: Accommodation in Welling

If afraid the links in post #1 aren't much use. They are for Wellington New Zealand rather than Welling in South East London

Any particular reason for staying in Welling? It's not the most obvious place a tourist would stay

Edited: 8:35 am, July 11, 2013
London, United...
reviews: 12
3. Re: Accommodation in Welling

Could I just check that you understand that Welling is a small part of the London Borough of Bexley, which is one of the outer London Boroughs? It is in zone 4, with respect to the London travelcard zone system, served by the national rail system (but not the tube or the DLR) and by several bus routes. It is outside of the congestion zone by some considerable distance; were you considering using a car during your stay? And may I please ask the most obvious question of all: why Welling? Housing in the area mainly comprises of semi-detatched 'chalet' style family houses built in the inter-war years, very often subsequently extended, and my guess is that you might struggle to find something suitable for as short a time as one week, especially if you want accommodation just for yourself. Perhaps www.airbnb.co,uk would be a website to try. There are no hotels in Welling: the closest being either in Bexleyheath or in Woolwich.

Edited: 8:40 am, July 11, 2013
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
4. Re: Accommodation in Welling

I agree with the above. A quick 'Google' found hotels etc in Bexleyheath and Charlton, close to Welling, but not in Welling itself.

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
reviews: 167
5. Re: Accommodation in Welling

From the Welling TripAdvisor page at tripadvisor.co.uk/Tourism-g2137059-Welling_K… if you click on Map of Welling, tick Hotels and Vacation Rentals and zoom right in to Welling then it brings up a few suggestions in the surrounding area and you can click on them to read the TripAdvisor reviews. I would say don't trust the TripAdvisor map entirely also it is known for its inaccurate pins so always double check location with the property itself.

Whitby, Canada
6. Re: Accommodation in Welling

Thanks so much for your replies. Friends of mine will be starting jobs in Welling and need a hold over until they can find suitable long term accommodations. They are both new to England. So, looks they should be looking in Bexleyheath for a hold over? They will not have a car. Is there good transportation between Bexleyheath and Welling?

Thanks

London, United...
reviews: 12
7. Re: Accommodation in Welling

Pierrot02002 - I don't know how helpful it will be to you (or your friends) to know that I live very near to Welling. I haven't heard the expression 'hold over' but I suppose you mean something on a temporary basis. BayBOy's suggestion sounds like as good a starting point as any, but it would be helpful to know where it is your friends will be working to be able to make any useful comments on the practicalities of travelling to and from work, especially if they will not have a car. I would not say that it's necessarily a case of trying Bexleyheath instead of Welling, as whilst the centres of both can be identified clearly, as areas they merge together and two houses, one described as being in Welling and the other described as being in Bexleyheath, might be only hundreds of yards away from each other - or less. The answer to your question about public transport (which might prove to be irrelevant eventually) is that your friends should not have to wait any more than five minutes for a bus between the main shopping area in Bexleyheath and the main shopping area in Welling on any day of the week, or at any time of the day (except at around stupid o'clock). If your friends will eventually need long term accommodation, then perhaps an approach to a local estate agent, explaining the situation, might throw up some possible solutions - try www.rightmove.co.uk and use the search engine. I can appreciate this may all be quite daunting and confusing for you and your friends, and I do hope that I am not over-complicating matters.

Whitby, Canada
8. Re: Accommodation in Welling

That is great info.

Thanks to all of you! :)

London, United...
reviews: 1
9. Re: Accommodation in Welling

See Crook Log Guest House - 5 star rated on Trip Advisor and only 5 minutes on bus to Central Welling.

Might be bit expensive long term but great for a short stay.

10. Re: Accommodation in Welling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, August 01, 2014