We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit May or June

Which Cheltenham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Visit May or June

My wife and I are planning a trip to the Cotswolds next year. If we visit before May 15, we use fewer frequent flyer miles so that would be our preference. However, if the weather is much nicer in early June, we could probably swing that as well.

Is there much of a difference between visiting early May or early June?

Seattle
reviews: 6
1. Re: Visit May or June

Hi, tarheel53, and welcome to the forum! I usually travel to the UK in late May/early June and have had pretty good luck weatherwise. Having said that, it's really hard to predict the weather.

Bath, UK
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
reviews: 38
2. Re: Visit May or June

The British weather forecast can be summed up in 3 words: it may rain.

Spring can be chilly here - because we are surrounded by the sea the UK tends to feel colder than continental equivalents, even when the temperature is the same.

Bring lots of layers, then you can bulk up or slim down as required, plus a good cagoule.

My son lives in Cheltenham, it's lovely: enjoy.

London
3. Re: Visit May or June

To say the UK weather is unpredictable is an understatement. this month we have had torrential downpours and then boiling hot days following each other.

June should, in theory, be better weather than May but nothing is certain nowadays. I think you will enjoy the Cotswolds in May but as advised bring layers of clothing to give flexibilty.

Another point to bear in mind - if you like visiting gardens etc then some may not be open in early May - although I would have thought most would be. You should check if any are important to you.

Have a good trip.

Cotswolds UK
reviews: 3
4. Re: Visit May or June

The last Monday in May is a public holiday and the week containing this day is School hafl term Holidays.

Accommodation prices rise and the numbers of tourists increases. I would bear this in mind if I were you.

No longer having kids in school means we can avoid it, and we always try to. Just a thought to consider.

5. Re: Visit May or June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, September 07, 2009