We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions are highly appreciated

Calabar, Nigeria
reviews: 6
suggestions are highly appreciated

Hello,

my hubby and i visited malmesbury last year. we loved it! especially abbey's garden. while at malmesbury, we visited the coswolds water park, and the wildlife center. we also went to swindon and saw the train museum. we plan to visit that part of the Uk again in July and we wanted suggestions on places to visit and things to do. (we love nature, gardens and sports; oh and i love to shop!)we plan to spend just 2days in the area before heading back to london. so we would appreciate suggestions for a place to stay that is central to as many suggested locations as possible.

ps: we are open to going to places outside of cotswold too.

Plymouth
reviews: 27
1. Re: suggestions are highly appreciated

Hello! If you are interested in trains you might like to consider the Taunton area where you can ride the West Somerset Railway - real steam trains - and vist Hestercombe Gardens and Dunster which is a beautiful old village with a castle and lovely, extensive grounds. The countryside - its on the edge of Exmoor and the Quantocks - is beautiful with lovely walks and views, and it also on the coast for more lovely views. Taunton has decent shops but you'd probably be better off waiting to get back to London for the full on retail experience.

Oh, and although this area is further from London than the Cotswolds, Taunton is on the M5 and only about two hours drive to London, or there are direct trains

Calabar, Nigeria
2. Re: suggestions are highly appreciated

thanks so much for your reply. i love the sound of your description. Please if any one has other suggestions we are happy to consider. i recall vaguely last year, someone at the hotel in swindon,encouraging us to see bath.

Twyning, United...
reviews: 81
3. Re: suggestions are highly appreciated

Bath is an old Roman city although not a lot remains other than the rebuilt baths. The city is beautiful, with Regency Crescents. If you like Cotswolds, trains and Regency spender, consider Cheltenham . The Gloucester steam railway runs from there inton the cotswolds, just north of Cheltenham is Sudeley castle, with associations with Henry VIII, then on to Broadway (very picturesque), and then on to Stratford Upon Avon, where Shakespeare lived. Cheltenham to Stratford on the country roads is about an hours drive, and would make a pleasant day out. n Cheltenham (a spa town) you can still take the "medicinal" waters (if you dare!)

Calabar, Nigeria
4. Re: suggestions are highly appreciated

sounds like lots of fun! thanks. I think cheltenham maybe just right.

5. Re: suggestions are highly appreciated

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 10, 2014