We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catching a taxi from Shoreham station

Which Brighton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NE Victoria...
reviews: 18
Catching a taxi from Shoreham station

We're planning a day trip to Le Touquet from Shoreham in May and need to be at the airport by 8am on a Sunday. I've read that there's a taxi rank outside the station - is it likely that there'll be cabs there nice and early on a Sunday morning or should I try to pre-book one? We'll be coming from Brighton and a cab all the way from there is beyond our already stretched budget!

Thanks in advance for your help!

(Sorry for posting on the Brighton forum, but the Shoreham-by-Sea forum was looking a little on the sleepy side...)

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
reviews: 71
1. Re: Catching a taxi from Shoreham station

.Bell Cabs are just outside the station, you should be OK I'd have thought

I lived in Shoreham for 3yrs, and used these. www.taxishoreham.co.uk/…

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
reviews: 1
2. Re: Catching a taxi from Shoreham station

But do check rail engineering works nearer the time for travel from Brighton to Shoreham. Sunday mornings are prime time for (lengthy) replacement bus services.

nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/curre…

JtheD

NE Victoria...
3. Re: Catching a taxi from Shoreham station

Thanks very much for your replies!

I hadn't considered the possibility of engineering works, so thanks for the warning - I'll keep an eye on that. And I'll take the number of Shoreham Taxis with me, just in case we have to call them from the station. I appreciate your help!

Brighton, United...
reviews: 9
4. Re: Catching a taxi from Shoreham station

http://www.adurcabcompany.co.uk/

01273 454 454

Local company based very close to the railway station with cabs normally on the rank as well.

NE Victoria...
5. Re: Catching a taxi from Shoreham station

Thanks Supacabby - I'll make a note of their number!

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
reviews: 1
6. Re: Catching a taxi from Shoreham station

Had a chat tonight with my regular cabbie guy, he thinks it would be far less grief to get a pre-ordered cab direct from your Brighton accom to Shoreham Airport.

Direct Taxi should cost approx £20. Whereas 2 train fares and a taxi from Shoreham station to the airport will only be a couple of £ more, if that. Save the hassle - taxi all the way.

JtheD

NE Victoria...
7. Re: Catching a taxi from Shoreham station

Thanks Jon-the-Dog - that was so thoughtful of you! Well above and beyond the call of TA DE duty.

:)

When I first started looking at getting to Shoreham, the prices that I was coming up with were around the £35 + mark each way, so I obviously must have been looking in the wrong place. If it's closer to £20 each way, it does make more sense to cab it all the way from Brighton and there's certainly less hassle involved, as you say. A bonus is that we wouldn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to get all of the connections right for making the flight, either - and there might even be time for a cup of tea beforehand at the lovely Art Deco airport, too.

Many thanks again for your advice!

Brighton, United...
reviews: 9
8. Re: Catching a taxi from Shoreham station

JTD is spot on, the current meter fare from central Brighton to Shoreham Airport with the Sunday surcharge would be appx £22.

If you pre-book with 1 of the 3 major companies in Brighton they all quote the same price fixed rate of £20 so that would be my choice, allow 1/2hr for the journey, that would be ample at that time of day.

(the 3 companies in Brighton).

NE Victoria...
9. Re: Catching a taxi from Shoreham station

Thanks very much for the numbers Supacabby! I'll definitely pre-book a cab.

Thanks again to everyone for being extremely helpful, I'm very grateful!

10. Re: Catching a taxi from Shoreham station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:40 pm, June 17, 2013