We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 week stay in brighton

Which Brighton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san francisco
reviews: 2
4 week stay in brighton

Hi

I'm a brit moving from San Francisco to Brighton permanently and will need a place to stay in Brighton for about four weeks whilst I look for a permanent place to live.

Does anyone know of any good value, reasonably priced Bed and Breakfasts that would do a long term deal for 3-4 weeks?

Ideally I'd like to be in the Kemp Town area but anywhere central would be okay. I'll be arriving end of September/beginning of October 2005.

Any ideas greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Brighton, United...
reviews: 8
1. Re: 4 week stay in brighton

Hiya - I'm afraid I don't have any specific recommendations for you but do try searching for self-catering holiday flats as well, as you may find they work out cheaper over this length of time.

Good luck!

rodentgirl

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
reviews: 68
2. Re: 4 week stay in brighton

there are dozens and dozens of B&B's in Kemp Town, so you'll need to do your research. What price do you call reasonable tho? as you can get a room for under £50 a night, but you get what you pay for!. When are you travelling? if its July -Aug expect to pay to pay rates and availability will be less. Use this site for reviews (obviously!) and others for info and ideas/options.

brighton.co.uk

tourism.brighton.co.uk

brightononline.co.uk

itchybrighton.co.uk

brightonlife.com

thisisbrighton.co.uk

http://magazine.brighton.co.uk

http://www.visitbrighton.com/

san francisco
3. Re: 4 week stay in brighton

Thanks for the info so far.

I expect to be arriving in Brighton at the end of September and would need a hotel or a bed and breakfast for a month whilst I look for a place to live.

I'll be looking to buy a flat in Brighton so I really need long term B&B accommodation or a holiday let. I don't need or want luxury and I just need a homely place with a double bed and reasonable comfort

I'll have a look at the websites you posted - thanks so much for your help so far.

Any more ideas greatly appreciated

Cheers!

Detroit, MI
4. Re: 4 week stay in brighton

hello: sorry I can't help with your goal much - it's been a decade since I lived in brighton - but perhaps, if you'd be so kind, you'd be able to help me. I miss my former adopted "hometown" very much - lived on Bedford St. in the heart of Kemptown - and am looking to return, optimally next year. But working/visa regs have changed a bit in the last 10 years, and the program under which I originally qualified no longer exists. So, I'm looking for advice/insight from anyone who might have a suggestion or two as to schemes under which I might (re)qualify. If it all worked out, I'd owe you a lifetime's worth of gratitude! It is that important to me. So, if you feel like dropping a line, I'd appreciate it...david(at)313d.com. Many thanks, and best of luck in your new home...

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
5. Re: 4 week stay in brighton

britguy, search this site for B&B's, many of these are in Kemp town, or borders. http://www.smoothhound.co.uk/brighton.html

I'm sure you could negotiate a good deal for a 4 week stay at some of these B&B's.

with regard to buying, there are so many properties for sale and numerous agents. a good start would be to search via fish4.co.uk and http://www.theargus.co.uk/the_argus/homes/

(the argus is Brighton's daily local newspaper btw)

Kemp town is expensive tho!

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
6. Re: 4 week stay in brighton

tzacatzac; I really have no idea about immigration rules, but this site should help

workingintheuk.gov.uk/working_in_the_uk/en/h…

But it cant be all that difficult, Tony Blair recently admitted we have something like half a million illegal (untraceable) immigrants living here at the moment!!

san francisco
7. Re: 4 week stay in brighton

Thanks for the info Bojangles

The B&B website you posted is great

Cheers

britguy

Get answers to your questions about Brighton