We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brighton Restaurants

Which Brighton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portskewett, United...
reviews: 75
Brighton Restaurants

Hi All,

I am going to Brighton for my wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks

Anyone got any suggestions for good restaurants that you don't have to dress up too much for?

Thanks for any tips

Sarah

Portskewett, United...
1. Re: Brighton Restaurants

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks Sarah

london
reviews: 9
2. Re: Brighton Restaurants

If you do a search for a post that started 'info for EmParr' you'll find a whole list of restaurants from someone who lives in Brighton - do the search in the london or England section, though, not Brighton.

Portskewett, United...
3. Re: Brighton Restaurants

Cheers Hickney - I have printed off the list and look forward to trying a few of the suggestions especially the Chinese restaurant!!

Sarah

Brighton, United...
reviews: 37
4. Re: Brighton Restaurants

I'd second the list including Blind Lemon Alley whcih is great.

Donatello has a sister restaurant

Pinocchio 22, New Road, Brighton, BN1 1UF Telephone: 01273677676

which serves exactly the same menu for less, they do a very good value 2 or 3 course menu (5.95 and 6.95). Unless you go Fri or Sat night you shouldn't need to book although it's generally busy. It's central near the Theatre Royal/The Dome/Pavillion Gardens.

For something special there are several options including

http://www.lafourchette.co.uk/

and

Havana

32 Dukes Street

Brighton

East Sussex

Tel: +44 (0)1273 773388

http://tourism.brighton.co.uk/restaurants/

You could eat forever in this town!

brighton
5. Re: Brighton Restaurants

For a casual environment with superb food try The Strand

http://www.brighton-eating.com/371.htm

Brighton, UK
reviews: 6
6. Re: Brighton Restaurants

My fave restaurant in Brighton is The Gingerman. Theres actually 2 of them: one in the drakes hotel on the seafront and another in Norfolk place. Food and service is superb. www.drakesofbrighton.com/restaurant.html gives details of the one in Drakes hotel. Both are very popular and you should book in advance- especially for weekends! Last time I visited, the next weekend they had a table available was 3 weeks away!

The Strand Restaurant is good but more casual. The Saint is also good on St James Street in the Kemp Town area of Brighton. If you like Greek food, I like Estia Restaurant in Hampton Place which has great mezzes and set menus.

There are so many restaurants in Brighton but do a search on google on Brighton restaurant reviews and you should find something you like...

koksy x

Brighton, UK
reviews: 6
7. Re: Brighton Restaurants

PS restaurants to avoid:

No Name restaurant (accused us of planting long blond hair in food to get it free!!!!)

Donatello (bland food)

The Tin Drum (cold food, long wait)

Wagamamas (can't understand why it's so busy- been there twice and they screwed the order up both times!)

There's another good restaurant in Hove I like called Los Amigos which has an extensive menu of delicious italian/mexican/french food but there is no non smoking area which is quite unbelievable for a restaurant in 2005!!!

koksy x

Hove, United Kingdom
reviews: 38
8. Re: Brighton Restaurants

I will definitely second Los Amigos, went there again last Saturday and food and atmosphere both superb! La Tasca for Tapas in North Street is very good!

London UK
reviews: 4
9. Re: Brighton Restaurants

Try Indian Summer - a branch in East Street and a branch in Hove

Portskewett, United...
10. Re: Brighton Restaurants

Thanks everyone for your suggestions - unfortunatley I missed a few of them as we went on 26th April.

But we tried several

First - Gars - what a great Chinese restaurant - we had the Emperors Choice menu and food just kept coming - best scallops I have had for ages. Really nice surroundings and helpful and attentive staff - will definaltey go there again.

2nd - The Strand - we have been to Brighton a few times before and it turns out had been to the Strand but couldn't remember the name!! Had a lovely meal there - I had lamb en croute which was so tender - hubbie had the filet steak whcih was also superb. I think they do the best mash I have had!!

3rd - Blind Lemon Alley - this place was OK - not as good as I expected and I didn't like the fact there wasn't a non smoking area. I had a burger which was nice but hubbie wasn't over impressed with the ribs. Nice atmosphere though although a little cramped!!

Didn't have time to check out any more but I am keeping the lists in all of your posts for our next trip to Brighton next year.

Thanks again everyone!

Sarah

Get answers to your questions about Brighton