We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bournemouth to Poole and vice versa

Which Bournemouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 54
Bournemouth to Poole and vice versa

Hi just a quck question... How do i get between Bournemouth and Poole? For now i only know National Express provides the service. However i do not want to buy the tickets first as i am not sure how long will i spend in each town.

Any idea if these tickets will be sold out quickly, as i am travelling on a Saturday?

London
reviews: 33
1. Re: Bournemouth to Poole and vice versa

On Saturdays there are usually three trains an hour - operated by SouthwestTrains (not national express). A single ticket costs £3.50. There is no need to buy in advance, and there is no concept of seats being "sold out" on this route. There will be no problem getting on the train.

There are also local buses.

2. Re: Bournemouth to Poole and vice versa

I'm actually looking at travelling by buses as it seems the two places are quite near to each other. Any advice on taking local buses? How much does it cost and what numbers to board?

Slough,Berks
reviews: 35
3. Re: Bournemouth to Poole and vice versa

Hi there,buses run very regularly between these 2 towns.Get the bus from Bournemouth Square to Poole Bus Station,then back again.They run from early morning to late in the evening.Can't recall prices or times as havn't used them for a while as now have a car when I visit my family in Poole,but prices where quite good if I recall.Bus takes about 30/35 mins.Have a look at the Wilts and Dorset Bus company website and I'm sure all the info you require will be there for you.......

Peterborough
reviews: 16
4. Re: Bournemouth to Poole and vice versa

Excellent bus service we have used it when in Bournemouth easier than the car not sure about this time of year but in summer every 5 mins or so

5. Re: Bournemouth to Poole and vice versa

Ok thanks I'll check out the bus services.

Any recommendation if I should spend more time in Poole or Bournemouth? I read Poole seems to be more touristy, not sure if it's true.... I jus wanna relax and walk around and explore.

Peterborough
reviews: 16
6. Re: Bournemouth to Poole and vice versa

About the same time for each I would not say Poole is more touristy

Christchurch
reviews: 3
7. Re: Bournemouth to Poole and vice versa

Really does depend what you want to do, if you want to spend time in each town then the train is the best option as only a 10 minute journey (that said Poole station is better located than Bournemouth in terms of town centre). If you are just wanting to see the area then get a bus which will take longer but gives more flavour. The 'Purbeck Breezer' (route 50) might be ok and gives a bit of a scenic tour of the area to Poole wdbus.co.uk/bus-times/…

Poole does have more touristy things personally for the town centre i.e. museums/Brownsea/harbour), Bournemouth has museum and the sea front but is then more shopping orientated

London
reviews: 35
8. Re: Bournemouth to Poole and vice versa

Here's everything you need to know about getting around Bournemouth and Poole by bus:

wdbus.co.uk/bus-times/bournemouth-and-poole/

They are, in fact, one continuous built-up area.

Bournemouth, United...
reviews: 3
9. Re: Bournemouth to Poole and vice versa

Hi, there

I know these 2 towns very well.

Just would like to add: M1 and M2 are the best route for you to get around Poole and Bournemouth. These 2 buses rarely delay, the drivers drive faster than other companies, like London drivers but with less traffic on the road. ahaha!

Has space for travel buggy and big space for luggages.

Students (those go to uni there can-with student card, not sure other city's) and senior can get discount.

New fare in April I think, £3-£4 to get a day ticket, you can use all day. Single about £2. There was an offer group discount- there was a Fiver for a group of 5. Info should be on the web, if not call them.

The bus time table as also in wirewiper's link is wdbus.co.uk/bus-times/…

Have fun! Bring your sunglasses.

Basingstoke, United...
reviews: 107
10. Re: Bournemouth to Poole and vice versa

Bournemouth railway station is quite a walk from the seafront so buses might be more convenient. Both places are very nice and I think it is possible to walk along the beach from one to the other if you are feeling energetic.