We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with short train ride to Bournemouth

Which Bournemouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kent
Hotel with short train ride to Bournemouth

Hi

Accomodation is limited and expensive in Bournemouth this Saturday due to the air festival. I did wonder about staying in a hotel outside Bournemouth and getting the train in to avoid traffic congestion and parking.

Not knowing the train routes and places very well has anybody any ideas on where I could stay to do this?

Thanks

Teresa

Bournemouth
reviews: 2
1. Re: Hotel with short train ride to Bournemouth

There are some great small hotels & B&B's in Southbourne a couple of miles along the coast from Bournemouth. You can get the train to Christchuch or Pokesdown then taxi.

Southbourne is right on the coast & you can walk along by the beach into Bournemouth. You

If you are thinking of coming down this week from Thursday to Sunday then I would say you may not have a lot of hope. That would also go for getting around Bournemouth via the bus.

kent
2. Re: Hotel with short train ride to Bournemouth

Premier Inn bournemouth east has a room at £75 (17/8 at. 16.00). Says its got parking but you need to check. Its in boscombe but thats less than 2 miles walk along the sea front! You could alway catch the min train along the sea front if you can get on.

Bournemouth
3. Re: Hotel with short train ride to Bournemouth

You will not get in the premier inn for the next 4 days with the Airshow on & peak season.

All of the main roads along East Cliff are shut of & come to that any roads heading down to the beach even at Bascombe are all closed of

kent
4. Re: Hotel with short train ride to Bournemouth

According to the road closures section on the bournemouthair web site, Christchurch Road (prem inn) is not listed as being closed. HectorZazal do you know different as I am comming to Bournemouth on Sunday pm?

The roads listed for the East Cliff for 4 days are

East Overcliff Drive

Russell Cotes Road

Meyrick Road

Manor Road

Grove Road .

Gervis Road

Bottom of Sea Road

Bournemouth
5. Re: Hotel with short train ride to Bournemouth

That particular Inn is not so well known around here as it is an old building renovated a few years back. Not one of your standard modern one's.

All the roads that you have mentioned have a knock on effect back onto the Christchuchurch road & it can get more than busy. You will not find locals go anywhere near it.

On a positive note, it is quite central for most things around here. Come out of the inn on foot walk down a bit & you have a great park that goes all the way down to the beach at Boscombe. Bus stop right outside the inn. 5min's walk the East Cliff. (beach). Not far to walk into Bournemouth.

Being Sunday that is probably why you have got in as the Airshow finishes .

I would come here mid evening pm

Edited: 3:20 am, August 19, 2010
kent
6. Re: Hotel with short train ride to Bournemouth

Thank you Hectorzaza1, we have decided to leave the car at home. It looks like most hotels in Bournemouth are full up for the Saturday.

Bournemouth
7. Re: Hotel with short train ride to Bournemouth

The Inn that you have booked into has a good carpark . It is just at the time you may be arriving . The Airshow may be finishing. On Monday it will be another story.Then I think you may have wished you had your car.

How long are you here for.

Before I forget. If you are coming by car. The inn is not well sign posted. That is why alot of people drive passed it & don't even know there is one in there.

kent
8. Re: Hotel with short train ride to Bournemouth

Hi HectorZaza1, we are staying from mon until friday, Booked train tickets only £33 return for 2 from waterloo with senior rail cards. So we will be using our bus passes too! Since 2003 we have previousy stayed in East Cliff area as well as the central area and Dean Park and normally get good weather but the forecast is as bit changeable.

Bournemouth
9. Re: Hotel with short train ride to Bournemouth

You will have a ball down here. Don't worry about the weather, today was ment to be not to good & it has been fab.

When was the last time you were down here.

We have been watching the Airshow this afternoon from about a mile along the coast where we live. The area right along through pass Bournemouth has been packed. Down on the beach it is wall to wall people watching.

It really is good & the best thing is it is all FREE.

It will all be packed up for next week so that you can get around & enjoy your space.

kent
10. Re: Hotel with short train ride to Bournemouth

Hi HectorZaza1, we were in Bournemouth at the end of last May for a hot week. My fisrt visit was in 1966 then 1978 but not again until 2003. Not needing parking I have been able to cancel and switch to the Westover Rd Premmier Inn. At short notice not all hotels let you cancel without charge. The Westover Rd is no 2 in the Tripadvisor rankings for Bournemouth. I was tempted to book at the Royal Bath for a deal at £87 for 2 per night but I think it could be taking a chance on getting a decent room for that price. as the normal rate is £139 B&B. I think I will be just in time to see the Red Arrows on sunday.