We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are restaurants open in Brixham throughout the year?

Which Torquay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amsterdam
reviews: 18
Are restaurants open in Brixham throughout the year?

Hi, we're planning on a week's break in a self-catering cottage probably in Brixham next January? We would like to eat out most nights and walk to and from the restaurant or pub. Do they stay open throughout January? We are not too fussy, average restaurants or pubs that serve food are what we are looking for.

Would Torquay be a better choice and if so which area? Any advice you can give will be welcome. Thanks, Janet.

Exeter, United...
Destination Expert
for Torquay, Paignton, Brixham, English Riviera, Exeter
reviews: 43
1. Re: Are restaurants open in Brixham throughout the year?

Hi Janet,

As you have suggested in your post, January is not the best time to visit small fishing ports as a lot of the town will close for the winter. Saying that, there are a number of places that will be open all year - after all the locals have to eat too!!

Torquay would surely have more choice of restaurants etc and therefore could be a better choice for you to stay if you are wanting a choice at walking distance.

If you are looking at Torquay, my suggestion would always be Meadfoot Area - but then this is where my hotel used to be. I do not know if there are self catering cottages as such, but i know there are a lot of self catering apartments around Torquay. The best thing to do is have a look at a few places in Torquay and then come back on here and i will give you an honest opinion on location and distance to town. I cant advise on any of the accommodation as i have never been inside any of the self catering properties around Torbay ( i can only advise on B&B/Guest Houses etc) The part of Torquay that is most lively and populated by restaurants is the Harbour, so you would want to be within easy walking distance of that.

All that said, Brixham is beautiful so i wouldnt want to put you off staying there.

I am meeting with someone from Brixham later today, i will see if i can get a better idea of the restaurants that will be open and come back to you.

Regards

Tc

2. Re: Are restaurants open in Brixham throughout the year?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:37 am, August 17, 2009