We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire companies in Torquay

Which Torquay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
reviews: 49
Car hire companies in Torquay

Looking at hiring a car for three days in Torquay. Any suggestions on Car Hire Companies available in July 2013.

Edited: 4:44 am, January 26, 2013
Torquay
reviews: 2
1. Re: Car hire companies in Torquay

Enterprise have a depot in Torquay, would recommend them.

Perth, Australia
2. Re: Car hire companies in Torquay

Thank you CazhTorquay, are they open on Sunday?

Dartmouth, United...
reviews: 50
3. Re: Car hire companies in Torquay

We always use Thrifty which are located by Torquay railway station, but I see from their website they are not open on Sunday.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
4. Re: Car hire companies in Torquay

Very few car rental places outside of airports are open Sundays.

Newton Abbot...
reviews: 9
5. Re: Car hire companies in Torquay

Enterprise are closed on Sundays in Torquay, which I suspect will be the same for any other rental places in the town, as RonaldoC says. Depending on your objectives, you should be able to use public transport on the Sunday, which can quite easily get you to places like Cockington, Kents Cavern, Paignton Zoo, Dartmouth Steam Railway or Greenway (all enjoyable tourist attractions), then get hold of a car on Monday.

Perth, Australia
6. Re: Car hire companies in Torquay

Thanks treetops41, RonaldoC, & rusticalex for all your comments & help. We have no choice but use Public transport on Sunday & hire a car on Monday. I'm sure we will manage, Cheers!

Dartmouth, United...
reviews: 50
7. Re: Car hire companies in Torquay

Hi just one more thing if you wanted to hire a car and keep it to the following Sunday - Thrifty allowed my brother to drop the keys through the letter box.

Torquay
reviews: 2
8. Re: Car hire companies in Torquay

Sorry missed your post. Yes, closed on Sundays but follow the advice re public transport. Enjoy!

9. Re: Car hire companies in Torquay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 28, 2014