We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Masts Apartment Torquay. BlueChip holidays.Is this reliable?

Which Torquay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Österreich
reviews: 62
Masts Apartment Torquay. BlueChip holidays.Is this reliable?

I have decided to spend my holidays in torquay.

I have seen, that Blue Chip holidays offers a large Varity of Apartments in torquay... But is this a respectable Agency?

Thanks in advance!

Combe Martin...
reviews: 76
1. Re: Masts Apartment Torquay. BlueChip holidays.Is this reliable?

We have booked with Blue Chip on 4 or 5 occasions and have found them to be very good. We would certainly use them again, no problems & very nice properties, although we haven't stayed at this particular apartment.

France
reviews: 20
2. Re: Masts Apartment Torquay. BlueChip holidays.Is this reliable?

They're more a third party rental agency than anything else. We have used them a few times and the booking process is very straightforward. We also had cause to request being moved to another apartment on two separate occasions, which was done without any hassle.

But, the fact that we had to be moved says a lot about the individuals who actually maintain (or not!) the properties and really, Blue Chip has no control over this.

Tamworth, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
reviews: 8
3. Re: Masts Apartment Torquay. BlueChip holidays.Is this reliable?

I've used them for a rental next year so I hope they're reliable.

Basingstoke, United...
reviews: 112
4. Re: Masts Apartment Torquay. BlueChip holidays.Is this reliable?

Recently returned from a Blue Chip holiday in Westward Ho! and it was the best place we have ever stayed in. They are perhaps a little more expensive, but I would expect that all the houses and flats have been checked out properly.

On the other hand, an apartment we rented in Eastbourne through Holiday Lettings had a number of faults and stank of cigarette smoke.

Torquay, United...
reviews: 4
5. Re: Masts Apartment Torquay. BlueChip holidays.Is this reliable?

You will find they are the best in the area, and the masts are top of the range apartments with fantastic views.

Torquay, United...
reviews: 4
6. Re: Masts Apartment Torquay. BlueChip holidays.Is this reliable?

Blue Chip are a very reliable company and offer great holiday accomodation especially the Masts, which are amazing apartments with fantastic views over Torbay, you won't be disappointed.

Exeter, UK
reviews: 28
7. Re: Masts Apartment Torquay. BlueChip holidays.Is this reliable?

Personally (and this is just personally), I always avoid using agencies and go for cottages where I can deal with the owners direct. Two reasons:

1. if something isn't right you can contact the owner direct (who may even live on site if for example it is a cottage complex, i.e. a farm), who is much more likely to jump into action compared to an agency (especially in out of hours, which is of course when most problems - if any - seem to occur)

2. because the internet now allows the better cottages to cut out the expensive middle man (often charging 20 to 25% of the booking fee), why would someone who owns a good and popular cottage still use these? In other words, agencies usually don't represent the better cottages.

My personal favourite portal is www.sawdays.co.uk, but there are many more.

Happy decision-making!

Basingstoke, United...
reviews: 112
8. Re: Masts Apartment Torquay. BlueChip holidays.Is this reliable?

A Blue Chip representative met us at our property, showed us round and gave us his mobile number incase there were any problems. A tea tray, milk, biscuits and flowers were a nice touch.

Much better than just getting a key in the post (Holiday Lettings) as the owner lived a long way off. There was no-one we could go to about cleaning issues and things which had been left broken by previous holiday makers. Worth paying a little extra in my opinion, but the choice is all yours!

Exeter, UK
reviews: 28
9. Re: Masts Apartment Torquay. BlueChip holidays.Is this reliable?

Totally agree Bob that a 'key in the post' is not the way to 'do these things', and if Blue Chip does indeed offer as standard that you are met upon arrival, then credit to them, as it seems they are actually doing something for their money (other than buying google pay per clicks....).

The last time we used an agency however (in Cornwall, 2 years back), our key was left in one of those little boxes with a number code on it, and despite assurances from the agency that 'we were given the mobile number of the agency's MD which would be on 24/7, the two (small I should add) issues we tried to report never got a response, leave alone a solution.

It has been said before on these forums, but some sort of Tripadvisor category where people can rate agencies would be a good thing I think!

France
reviews: 20
10. Re: Masts Apartment Torquay. BlueChip holidays.Is this reliable?

We've never had a representative meet us, just a note giving us the code to the key safe but, I have no objection to that whatsoever if the apartment lives up to its hype.

One thing that does bug me about Blue Chip is the directions they give. They do seem to go with a Google version rather than the most practical and after our first experience, we did our own journey planner.

Get answers to your questions about Torquay