We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

plymouth crabtree

Which Plymouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ankara, Turkey
reviews: 3
plymouth crabtree

hello everyone! next week i will come to plymouth and stay in crabtree. i need urgent information about the area crabtree! can someone give me some information about tranportation, life in crabtree and plymouth? thanks..

Devon
reviews: 1,272
1. Re: plymouth crabtree

This response may be too late but there is not a lot to say. Crabtree is the title usually given to a small area at the top of the tidal estuary of the River Plym on the south western side of the city. It was once a village with a pub of the same name at the point just before the lowest road crossing of the Plym for travellers to the nearby town of Plympton and then the old road to London. Since WWI it has slowly been engulfed by sprawling suburbs and then separated by the railway mainline and eventually a big dual carriageway road until about fifteen years ago a vast Sainsbury supermarket. Finally the government built a vast six lane flyover with enormous roundabout underneath, all now known as Marsh Mills and the junction is the main hub entrance to the city. What little residential building there is looks pleasant but is dominated by the roads etc. However if you drive, it is only 5 to 10 minutes to the city centre or maybe 15 by bus. The area is OK and if you are living or renting here then quite peaceful and civilised. I wouldn't buy or stay here long term because of the noise from vehicles. Welcome to Plymouth. I hope you enjoy your time here. The pub has gone but there is a chain food inn place. Cheap shopping is just across the road.

Ankara, Turkey
reviews: 3
2. Re: plymouth crabtree

thanks so much! what about transportation after 00.00 are there any ways to reach crabtree from city center? what are taxi fares?

Devon
reviews: 1,272
3. Re: plymouth crabtree

Never lived round there but I would have thought there might be one or two late buses. Difficult to guess late night taxi fares but I would have thought £5 to £6 or not much more.

4. Re: plymouth crabtree

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 pm, October 16, 2012