We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions? 4 days solo mid 20's female traveller late June

Which Devon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 2
Suggestions? 4 days solo mid 20's female traveller late June

I have 4 days or so to spend while a wait to meet up with a friend. Would like to visit south or southwest of London (on the coast). Prefer not a 4 day tour. Prefer to travel somewhere, stay 4 nights, and explore by foot or just relax at beach. Prefer budget style back packers so I could meet up with others for meals. Devon? Dorset? I've been to Brighton before. Prefer to see somewhere different. Needs to be safe. Any suggestions??

Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Exeter, UK
reviews: 28
1. Re: Suggestions? 4 days solo mid 20's female traveller late June

Sounds like your accommodation is going to be key. Check out Youth Hostel Association map for SouthWest: www.yha.org.uk/places-to-stay/south-west

Bath and Bristol would be two great places to stay, and with access to great day trips. But very Urban.

A more rural one, yet still very accessible is the YHA in Beer (Devon, on stunning Jurassic Coast). Take train from London to Axminster, plus 20 minute bus journey. Great for coastal walks, sitting on the beach, and making day trips using the fabulous X53 Jurassic Coast hop-on-hop-off bus service (double decker with stunning views from top deck. Just £8 for the whole day.

Enjoy!

england
reviews: 69
2. Re: Suggestions? 4 days solo mid 20's female traveller late June

Swanage looks interesting - train to wareham and bus to swanage or coach from London Victoria.

Reply to: Suggestions? 4 days solo mid 20's female traveller late June
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted