We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonably priced Family room near Chatsworth

Which Derbyshire hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chester, United...
reviews: 11
Reasonably priced Family room near Chatsworth

Hi folks, my hubby has said he would like to take me & our 2 children aged 6 & 8 to Chatsworth House for my birthday at the end of July. We live on the Wirral so it's about 2 hrs each way. I'm wondering where would be good to stay. Really don't want to spend a lot as will only be sleeping there as will be out all day & possibly getting a brekky if nowhere nearby. Anyone know of anywhere reasonably priced & clean please? Would be really grateful for any info.

Thanks very much.

Chester, United...
21. Re: Reasonably priced Family room near Chatsworth

Thank you very much for all of your help, it is really appreciated

Derbyshire
reviews: 13
22. Re: Reasonably priced Family room near Chatsworth

Weston Park Museum in Sheffield is good for children as it has things to dress up in and is set in a lovely park which if it is sunny you can picnic in. The ice-skating rink and Hollywood Bowl are also very close to Sheffield Arena if it is raining.

Derbyshire
reviews: 13
23. Re: Reasonably priced Family room near Chatsworth

There is also a petting farm called Heeley City Farm which is very close to Sheffield City Centre: http://www.heeleyfarm.org.uk/

Chester, United...
24. Re: Reasonably priced Family room near Chatsworth

Thank you so much for your kind advice

Derbyshire
reviews: 31
25. Re: Reasonably priced Family room near Chatsworth

Hi.

On a nice day chatsworth can take you all day. a trip round the house, a picnic in the (large) gardens and a trip to the farmyard and playground. we didn't manage all 3 in one day. tip - if it is a nice day take a change of clothes for the youngsters - as they can play in one of the fountains.

other things to look at in the area - take the cable car up to the heights of abraham and tour the caves at the top - this can take a good half day. a trip to matlock bath on a sunday (park right out of matlock bath though and walk in.) to see all the motorbikes, have fish and chips and an ice cream. crich tramway museum - not yet been but everyone tells me its well worth going to.

depending how young/old your children are - little monkeys soft play area at darwen forest. froggatt edge for a walk amongs brill rocks. winnats pass for great views, theres also two cave trips - the blue john and another one at the bottom of winnats - the second is much better - trip on a boat underground - just can't remember its name!!! a walk around linacre woods in chesterfield with a trip to the pub half way round at old brampton (although you will need directions here or a good map).

then you also have meadowhall shopping (eek)

sure others can come up with loads to do.

have a great time

linksmanmissy

Derbyshire
reviews: 31
26. Re: Reasonably priced Family room near Chatsworth

oh yes - the farm shop at chatsworth is also good, bolsover castle and hardwick and haddon halls......

Derby
reviews: 82
27. Re: Reasonably priced Family room near Chatsworth

Gullivers Kingdom at Matlock Bath is good. You can also go on a cable car ride whilst there. Although an inland town Matlock Bath has the feel of the seaside, although I can't quantify why.

28. Re: Reasonably priced Family room near Chatsworth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 12, 2013