We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on a couple of days in Tintagel

Which Tintagel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
widnes, cheshire
reviews: 45
Advice on a couple of days in Tintagel

Hi, I'm visiting Tintagel (Treknow) later this year with my family - inc. kids of 14 and 12., as part of a tour of Devon/Cornwall. I'm looking for tips on recommended restaurants/places to eat of an evening (happy to consider any in Boscatle or other places nearby if it's worth the car journey); decent pubs that wouldn't mind the (well-behaved) kids; and anything worth sight-seeing doing during the days. All help gratefully received! John L

widnes, cheshire
reviews: 45
11. Re: Advice on a couple of days in Tintagel

All - many thanks for the advice. Looking forward to trying some of your recommendations later in the year! John L

Wolverhampton
reviews: 38
12. Re: Advice on a couple of days in Tintagel

We have visited Tintagel every year for 15 years. We stay at the Four Winds with Kay and George Knight. We have tried all of the establishments in the "village" but we return continually to The King Arthur Public House where we find good value for money meals. We used to love the Cornishman but last year we walked out after finding the changes in the place with lots of food taken off the menu. We also used to love the Crossbow??? run originally by the older part of the family but since the younger part of the family have taken over we do not find it so inviting. It is just a shame that our B&B does not do evening meals, we would not bother to go out if she did.

13. Re: Advice on a couple of days in Tintagel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, August 21, 2013