We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Ives parking

Which St Ives hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
St Ives parking

Hi, Do you know if I can rent a parking space at St Ives train station for 1 week in the summer - or do you have one and are on holiday the week of 3rd August and want to rent me yours?? Any help would be appreciated xx

Lichfield
Destination Expert
for St Ives
reviews: 79
1. Re: St Ives parking

Hi

As far as I am aware, and I am sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, you can buy a ticket for the week but that does not guarantee you a space. The reserved spaces are reserved on an Annual basis. You can find all the information here on this link:-

www.cornwall.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=19497

I know some Holiday Lettings Agency properties come with reserved parking so they must rent a space for the year and it must be included in the cost of the rental.

I found this link though that might be useful to you and, whilst it is not the station car park, you get a guaranteed space and they pick you up and take you to your accommodation etc:-

http://www.stivescarpark.com/

Hope this helps.

Suzi

Bristol, United...
2. Re: St Ives parking

Thanks Suzi - we are staying outside St Ives but travel in there everyday, will check out the link.

Derby
reviews: 82
3. Re: St Ives parking

It might be easier to park at Lelant or Carbis Bay and get the train in. stivestic.co.uk/visitor-information/st-ives-…

Blackpool
Destination Expert
for Blackpool
reviews: 37
4. Re: St Ives parking

You could also have a look at this. Worth a try...

https:/…

St Ives
reviews: 6
5. Re: St Ives parking

Hi Claire

If you buy a St Ives weekly ticket make sure you get the one that works in all the St Ives car parks. The only machine that sells this type is at The Island Car park. Suzi is quite right in saying this doesn't guarantee a space but even in August I'm sure you'll get in at the 750-space Trenwith car park (above the town by the Leisure Centre, bear left when you come to the junction at the St Ives Harbour Hotel and keep driving uphill).

An alternative and slightly better ticket is the Cornwall Rover, which is good for all Cornwall County Council Car parks. It costs the same as the St Ives weekly (£35) and can be purchased from the Library, which is open 9.30 - 5 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 10-1 on Saturday.

Birmingham, United...
6. Re: St Ives parking

You can also purchase the Rover ticket in advance of your stay - need to allow 7 days ahead of when you need it. Go to www.cornwall.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=27992

Aberdare S Wales
reviews: 12
7. Re: St Ives parking

We bought our Rover ticket from the Council Office/Library for £35.The great thing about the ticket is that not only does it cover the Council carparks in St Ives, but 119 council parks all over Cornwall saving quite a few pounds! You can buy it on the day, or send for one by post at least two weeks before you go.It was great not having to find coins for the machines wherever you went as well, just drive in and go! They give you a list of the parks available so you know which ones to look for.

8. Re: St Ives parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about St Ives