We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the crows nest port isaac - is it haunted?! we think so!

Which Port Isaac hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
somerset
the crows nest port isaac - is it haunted?! we think so!

I was wondering if you can help!

My boyfriend and I came and had lunch in this bar yesterday and we had a very strange experience while sitting and eating….

I felt as if someone walked behind me brushing passed my back and I felt a ‘tap’ on my back, as I looked behind expecting to see the waitress clearing up no one was there! I looked back at my boyfriend and he was as white as I was! he saw ‘something’ behind me!! As we finished our lunch I looked over at the cushions in front of the window and I ‘saw’ this shimmering as well! To be honest I was a bit freaked out by it and we left soon after!

I know this is a very silly thing but we are dieing to know if this pub in known to be haunted. I wish i spoke to the landlady before we left but i just wanted to get out!!

Anyone know of anything?

Many thanks

Sally :)

Penzance, United...
reviews: 1
1. Re: the crows nest port isaac - is it haunted?! we think so!

Sorry don't know if it is haunted but something spooked you, so I guess for you it is! The

I couldn't find an email address for them, which would probably be an easier contact when talking ghostly matters, but their phone number is 01208 880305 - They may be interested in your experience and be able to put your mind at rest...

Regards Trisha

somerset
2. Re: the crows nest port isaac - is it haunted?! we think so!

Hello

Thanks very much for your reply i did try an email i found but it got returned so dont think its working anymore. Not sure about phoning - thats was my friends think i should do but i dont fancy sounding mad talking about it to someone!!

I will have another look on internet though

Many thanks for the phone number i have made a note of it just incase!

Sally

Penzance, United...
reviews: 1
3. Re: the crows nest port isaac - is it haunted?! we think so!

I know what you mean about phoning..! Of couse you could use the very 'old fashioned thing' of dropping them a letter - I didn't think of that yesterday as we all think straight awawy of emailing!

Good luck Regards Trisha

somerset
4. Re: the crows nest port isaac - is it haunted?! we think so!

Just an update !

I have sent a letter not heard anything back yet though.....

Herts
reviews: 5
5. Re: the crows nest port isaac - is it haunted?! we think so!

Hi Sally

I've just been back home to Port Isaac last week, Donna and Tony from the Crows Nest were showing your letter around asking peoples opinion. A few thought it could be the start of some sort of scam so you probably won't hear back from your letter.

I lived in the rear flat there several years ago and didn't see anything strange but that doesn't mean anything.

My partner's brother used to manage the pub for a couple of years so I'll call him tonight to see if he knows anything.

I'm sure Donna wouldn't mind if you did call as it would put her mind at rest as well, the number is 01208 880305

Chris

somerset
6. Re: the crows nest port isaac - is it haunted?! we think so!

Hi

Thanks for your reply - I will leave it now i think! Wouldnt really like the conversation as I would sound a bit madd!!

many thanks

Sally

cornwall
7. Re: the crows nest port isaac - is it haunted?! we think so!

The pub has been written about in a little mini book called GHOSTS OF BODMIN MOOR by MICHAEL WILLIAMS!

London
8. Re: the crows nest port isaac - is it haunted?! we think so!

I was on holiday in Port Isaac over the Bank Holiday and popped in for a pint.

Nobody seemed to notice me, even though I dress as a seaman from the 1700's.

I couldn't get served, so I helped myself to a glug of someone else's ale. Tapped a few people on the back, moved a few cushions around and left.

It's been the same for the last 300 years.

Alberta
reviews: 227
9. Re: the crows nest port isaac - is it haunted?! we think so!

Ha ha, so that was you! ;)

Friends and I visited the Crowsnest several times on our recent stay at the end of the summer. it was a very friendly place, tony is a great host, and we didn't notice any ghost-like activity! One of my friends is very susceptible to "presences" and she didn't say anything...!

10. Re: the crows nest port isaac - is it haunted?! we think so!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 25, 2010