We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday in Polperro

Guildford, United...
reviews: 9
Birthday in Polperro

Hello all, I'm hoping someone can give me some advice! I will be spending a week near Polperro the end of April along with my husband, daughter and 4 year-old grandson. We will be arriving the day of my daughter's birthday and I would like to take her somewhere in Polperro to celebrate. Doesn't have to be anything fancy. But one difficult point is she doesn't like seafood (the rest of us do!). So, is there anywhere in Polperro that has good food (including something besides seafood), relaxed atmosphere, not too expensive, and a view of the harbour? Or am I asking for too much?

Cannock
1. Re: Birthday in Polperro

Only the blue peter has see views in polperro, which does have other items on the menu other than fish!

We have a 4 year old daughter and have been visiting polperro approx 4 times a year for years (all different times of the year),

There are quite few pub/restaurants in polperro with plenty ofchoice. Having a 4 year old I like to go somewhere we feel comfortable and welcoming to children, and enjoy the old millhouse, good prices, good choice and love kids (have a childrens menu but will mke a smaller version of any adult meal where possible)

They were badly flooded during november but should be back up and running now! ( down side of living in such a beautiful place by the sea!)

I know polperro like my 2nd home plus suitable places for small children so if you'd like to know anything else just ask, we were there new year and return june, hurray!

Edited: 5:45 pm, March 18, 2013
Guildford, United...
reviews: 9
2. Re: Birthday in Polperro

Thank you so much for the advice and any other suggestions for a 4 year old would be greatly appreciated too! I will look into the old Millhouse for starters. I've been to Polperro once and have been to the Blue Peter though didn't realise it was the only restaurant with a sea view, so I guess I'll scratch the view off the list! The birthday is for my daughter who is in her 20's so would like to find a place that will make everyone happy ;)

Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
3. Re: Birthday in Polperro

Hi there

If you dine upstairs in the Blue Peter, the table in the window looks straight across the harbour. The Blue is the only pub or restaurant in the village with a sea view. Their menu is first class, huge portions and all is cooked to order. Plenty of seafood but plenty of other options too. You might have a 30-40 minute wait on a busy evening but it's worth the wait. I've been eating and drinking at the Blue for 15 years and never had a duff pint or a bad meal. The Mill House is back and running again and I'm pleased to say that The Ship now has new tenants who are much more visitor friendly than the last lot. The Three Pilchards is still run by the same people who were also running the Ship and based upon my last two experiences in there for "food", I really wouldn't bother. The toilets are a disgrace and the staff are more interested in talking to favoured locals than serving visitors.

Finally, there's the Crumplehorn which is up opposite the entrance to the car park, a really pleasant place for food, good ales too, ate there a few weeks ago and it was excellent.

polperro
4. Re: Birthday in Polperro

visit the noughts & crosses extensive & varied menu for every bodies taste not expensive, clean tidy , hospitable friendly worth a visit look on trip advisor, some great reviews.

Bawtry, Doncaster
reviews: 22
5. Re: Birthday in Polperro

Somewhere restaurant we have always found very good a little bit more expensive than the 'pubs' but we find it can be a lot more comfatable also you can book and ask for a window table, their very pleasant and will cater for all ages. The Blue Peter is always a good choice but can be a little busy at times and you may have to wait for a table. Last time we visited The Three Pilchards (Mar 2013), found most of the food wasnt available also a lot of people were complaining so would give it a miss as all doesnt seem well 'in house'. As mentioned by a previous post The Crumplehorn never fails to be good value and great food our personel favourite pub for food.

6. Re: Birthday in Polperro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, July 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Polperro