We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is Elm Farm Car Park from the warren?

Which Polperro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
preston lancashire
reviews: 28
How far is Elm Farm Car Park from the warren?

Does anyone know how far this car park (as designated parking for our cottage in the Warren) is? On the map it looks 1/2 mile or so with a very steep hill. I am right in thinking this? Also is weekly parking allowed on the main car park and if so how much? Thankyou for your help.

cheshire,uk
reviews: 2
1. Re: How far is Elm Farm Car Park from the warren?

Hi sorry you haven't had any responses yet but maybe, like me, people not sure where Elm Farm car park is. Perhaps it used to be called something else. You mention a steep hill and if that is Talland Hill then, yes it is steep and long. I know, having walked it many times.

The main car park does do long stay but, sorry, not sure how much. Probably between 30 and 40 quid for the week. You may get more info on Polperro.org website or speak to Tourist Board.

preston lancashire
2. Re: How far is Elm Farm Car Park from the warren?

Thanks for this..Looking on the map it is the opposite way from Talland Hill.It is off Landaviddy Lane and near Violet Farm Car Park. The nearest cottages to this are Harbour View and Island Cottage.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
reviews: 196
3. Re: How far is Elm Farm Car Park from the warren?

Sorry i can't help with Elm Farm car park, and our resident Polperro expert seems to be away at present. But you might be interested in this topic about Polperro main car park. tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186241-i4773-k5…

preston lancashire
4. Re: How far is Elm Farm Car Park from the warren?

Thanks again for prompt replies. The nearest cottages to this are NOT Harbour View & Island Cottage(as I mistakenly posted earlier) They ARE Bide a While & Jackna Park and are near Violet Farm and Elm Farm Car Parks. Hopefully resident expert could help on his return.

Edited: 3:00 pm, April 26, 2012
cheshire,uk
reviews: 2
5. Re: How far is Elm Farm Car Park from the warren?

I was puzzled as Island House is across the harbour. Landaviddy Lane is much more gentle than Talland Hill. Don't think you will have a problem. Enjoy yourselves.

preston lancashire
6. Re: How far is Elm Farm Car Park from the warren?

many thanks once again.

Devizes, United...
reviews: 310
7. Re: How far is Elm Farm Car Park from the warren?

Hi there

I have scoured my OS map and I can't find any mention of an Elm Farm carpark. There's nothing along Langreek, Longcoombe, Landaviddy or Kellow Hills and nothing at the top or along Talland. What map do you have littlenavvy?

Knowing where the Warren is, if the car park space was any further out of the village than say the main carpark, it would be simply too far to walk with cases as you can't get anything larger than a quadbike along the Warren.

Devizes, United...
8. Re: How far is Elm Farm Car Park from the warren?

Just a thought - several holiday lets have a designated space in the "central garage" along the Coombes, which is about 200 yards down into the village from the Crumplehorn pub. Other than this, I really can't think of any other parking in the village other than the odd few spaces outside of private properties.

Edited: 5:14 am, May 01, 2012
preston lancashire
9. Re: How far is Elm Farm Car Park from the warren?

The map came with our cottage parking info etc. It does look like its up Langreek. Strange no one seems to know it. Says proceed to P.O. before turning right, dropping passengers & luggage @ Big Green. We will find it. Thanks again.

Devizes, United...
10. Re: How far is Elm Farm Car Park from the warren?

Hi again

Big Green is about as far as a car can get, go past the PO and the road bears 90 degrees sharp right ( don't go straight on up the start of Talland Hill). According to whereabouts along the Warren your cottage is, it could still be a bit of a hike from Big Green especially with heavy bags.

It might also be a problem turning the car around at Big Green - what you may have to do once your passengers have alighted is continue to the narrow t-junction, turn very sharp right into Landaviddy Lane, and follow that up, go around the left hander bend and there's a set aside turning space on the left

Get answers to your questions about Polperro