We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone recommend good pub food near Crantock?

Which Newquay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, UK
reviews: 44
Can anyone recommend good pub food near Crantock?

Can anyone recommend any god pubs in Newquay or Crantock area? Already know of the Smugglers and Bowgie but would like to hear of other recommendations please

uk
reviews: 1
1. Re: Can anyone recommend good pub food near Crantock?

When are you going? I'll be there in a fortnight and would be happy to do some research for you. I'll have my iPad with me so will be able to post from there.

Sheffield, UK
2. Re: Can anyone recommend good pub food near Crantock?

Going next week - I'll let you know if we find anywhere good!

uk
3. Re: Can anyone recommend good pub food near Crantock?

Oh, cheers! Wher are you staying? We'll be camping at Quarryfields for a fortnight. I sort of hope the weather improves.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 7
4. Re: Can anyone recommend good pub food near Crantock?

Hi there,

At Crantock the Bogie Inn is ok for a drink and good views but thats about it, poor food and poor service.

Not too far away at Cubert is the Smugglers den, great pub, ale, food etc

Jake

uk
5. Re: Can anyone recommend good pub food near Crantock?

Well, I booked the campsite today.. Fingers crossed, the bucket will just be for washing up and not for bailing out the tent!

6. Re: Can anyone recommend good pub food near Crantock?

I'd like any feedback - we're going end of Sep for a week. Many thanks

Sheffield, UK
7. Re: Can anyone recommend good pub food near Crantock?

Just returned early from our holiday to Crantock - the weather got the better of us! Ate out at the Smugglers Den and the food ws very good, this is a lovely old pub and the atmosphere is very good. Also ate at the Pheasant (signposted from the main road to Holywell Bay). This is a very old fashioned pub but the food is very good and on Fridays they have steak night, 2 steak meals for £20. Also ate at the Bowgie, bar meals were good and there is live music on Friday nights. Unfortunately we never got a good evening so were not able to sit outside the Bowgie and watch the famous sunsets! I'd recommend all these places to eat.

Ilovegreecealot - hope you manage to get some sunshine. We stayed at Crantock Beach next to Quarryfields - great site with sea views.

8. Re: Can anyone recommend good pub food near Crantock?

Thank you very much for the feedback :)

9. Re: Can anyone recommend good pub food near Crantock?

Thank you very much for the feedback :)

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 5
10. Re: Can anyone recommend good pub food near Crantock?

Thank you for the feedback. We are going to Porth in a few weeks time but it`s good to have suggestions for other places nearby.