We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire

Which Newquay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
reviews: 3
car hire

hi - ive just had a quote from argus car hire and i wont know the company until i,ve accepted the offer - the location is 8A Quintrell road - could anyone tell me if this is the location of the cornwall car hire as going on the reviews of them on this forum i dont want to hire a car from them - many thanks

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
reviews: 7
1. Re: car hire

www.cornwallcarhire.co.uk/enquiries.htm

easyterra.com/united-kingdom/newquay/car-ren…

Edited: 5:17 pm, May 15, 2011
Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
reviews: 176
2. Re: car hire

Its National Car Rental http://www.nationalcar.co.uk/

Edited: 2:55 am, May 16, 2011
Brighton
reviews: 12
3. Re: car hire

Re: Car hire from Newquay airport with Cornwall Car Hire.

I have to fly to and fro to Cornwall regularly and have been using Cornwall Car hire since discovering them about three years age when I got fed up with high charges and impersonal service from the international carhire firms with offices in Newquay Airport.

I can honestly say I've found them cheaper, far friendlier and more flexible and generally better to deal with than the big operators - and I have never been charged any extras.

They are happy to do the booking over the phone instead of insisting that you fill in a complicated email booking form and they turn up to meet your plane with a car when they say they will. The cars are clean and they work fine, no problems so far with any breakdowns etc. If you don't mind a slightly older model you can ask if they've got any used cars available - if they have, they charge lower insurance excess rates on these.

They don't stress about requests to change booking times. I have twice had to change the date of my arrival or return and all it took was a quick phone call and a cheerful "not a problem."

If you like dealing with friendly local people instead of huge branded corporations, this little firm is a winner (and I've just booked them again for a week in August so I'm putting my money where my mouth is.)

Just to be clear: The firm I'm talking about is this one: www.cornwallcarhire.co.uk, email info@cornwallcarhire.co.uk, tel 01637 850971

Edited: 11:44 am, July 21, 2011
Lichfield
Destination Expert
for St Ives
reviews: 62
4. Re: car hire

From the postings I've seen, I wouldn't touch Cornwall Car Hire with a barge pole.

Suzi

5. Re: car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, July 22, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Newquay