We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bedruthan Steps

Which Newquay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
reviews: 2
Bedruthan Steps

Hello,

Does anyone know how to reach this area from Newquay? Is there a carpark close by? Is it a long walk to see the views? Thanks!

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Santa Ponsa
reviews: 78
1. Re: Bedruthan Steps

Take the B3276 from Newquay, a scenic road in itself as it take you round the coast. There is a car park but it's only free to national trust members.

Have a look at the website, gives quite a bit of info.

nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-vh/w-visits/w-fi…

Chesterfield...
Destination Expert
for Bodmin
reviews: 44
2. Re: Bedruthan Steps

I'm pretty sure that there's also a privately owned car park which ( I think) is just after the NT one if you're approaching from Newquay.

It's quite a short walk to the cliffs/beach and there are lovely walks along the cliff path in both directions should you feel especially energetic.

The one word of caution I'd add though it that it would be preferable to time your visit for low(ish) tide if possible as that gives you the best views of the beach and cliffs.

Edited: 5:48 pm, June 06, 2010
Vancouver
3. Re: Bedruthan Steps

Thank you both! Just what I needed to know. Great website for the trust Annabelle.

Leamington Spa...
reviews: 6
4. Re: Bedruthan Steps

Visited this last week, lovely spot, the steps down are VERY steep and would be very exerting for an elderly or infirm person. Must be one of the most lovely places on the Cornish coast.

Ditto what the other person said about low tide. We went at high tide and the steps down ended in the sea!

The Bedruthan "steps" refer to the large rocks just off the shore, not the steps going down to the beach.

Vancouver
5. Re: Bedruthan Steps

Thanks mdhayward,

Now, any ideas on how I can check tide charts online? I'll start searching as I'd love to walk on the sand below.

Chesterfield...
Destination Expert
for Bodmin
reviews: 44
6. Re: Bedruthan Steps

This link should help www.tickity-boo.co.uk/site/site.php… or this one bbc.co.uk/weather/coast/tides/tides.shtml… - there are several sites which give free tide times for the week ahead.

Vancouver
7. Re: Bedruthan Steps

I'm good to go. Thanks for your help!

Newquay
8. Re: Bedruthan Steps

try this site

lots of info and web cams covering the whole area

http://www.newquayweather.com/wxtides_mth.php

regards

Vancouver
9. Re: Bedruthan Steps

Perfect site! Many thanks.

10. Re: Bedruthan Steps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 13, 2010