We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thornton Hall Classic Hotel England

Which Chester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 17
Thornton Hall Classic Hotel England

has anybody stayed here?

Peak District...
Destination Expert
for Derbyshire
reviews: 228
1. Re: Thornton Hall Classic Hotel England

I haven't but it looks nice.As no-one else has replied I thought I'd have a go based on published sources.According to Expedia it gets booked up on Saturday nights, which is a good sign, and the rates are not too bad for the facilities.It would be nice if there were some tripadvisor comments from guests but the fact that there aren't probably means that it doesn't get many international travellers there.It is half way up the Wirral Peninsula so if you want to tour you would often be retracing your wheeltracks.I suggest you ask if they do weddings / receptions as if they do it could be busy on a Saturday.

2. Re: Thornton Hall Classic Hotel England

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:45 am, June 26, 2009
England
reviews: 43
3. Re: Thornton Hall Classic Hotel England

I stayed here about 6 months ago and would happily return. Room was booked via laterooms website so got a deal at ��40 r/o for single occupancy of a double room which was remarkable value.Room was large and well equipped with views across the grounds. Room rate included use of the leisure facilities.After a substantial delay to the start of the business meeting I was supposed to be attending I stayed around the hotel having a relaxing time with hotel pretty much to myself for most of the morning. The very few other guests seemed to consist almost entirely of well-to-do elderly couples having a midweek break. I didn't get the opportunity to eat at the hotel which was a shame as the dinner menu looked particularly good. Staff were all very polite and helpful throughout.