We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Chester Zoo by Train

Which Chester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dudley
Getting to Chester Zoo by Train

Hello, we are thinking of doing a day trip to Chester Zoo by train. I have worked out which trains are best from Wolverhampton but was wondering if anyone has used rail travel to get there & back in one day & also how far is the Zoo from the Train Station, it is walkable or a taxi job?

Many thanks

cheshire, england
reviews: 58
1. Re: Getting to Chester Zoo by Train

Hi, It's not walkable from the station to the zoo. I would say your easiest option would be taxi.

Otherwise, the No.1 Liverpool bus calls at the zoo but you would still need to get from the train station to the bus station first to catch that one..

Edited: 8:55 am, September 02, 2013
London, United...
reviews: 17
2. Re: Getting to Chester Zoo by Train

It's a long walk - about 3 miles !

But Chester Zoo runs a regular bus from Chester Station, so don't worry about getting a taxi or a normal service bus. I've not used but friends and family have a couple of times and say it's fine

Details here

https:/…rail

cheshire, england
3. Re: Getting to Chester Zoo by Train

I didn't know about that bus.. very useful info!

So could the zoo bus be used as a link for people arriving at Chester Station and wanting to go to Cheshire Oaks - or is it really only for zoo visitors do you know?

London, United...
reviews: 17
4. Re: Getting to Chester Zoo by Train

I don't think it helps with getting to Cheshire Oaks - it's just for the zoo and the park and ride, and you're still a distance away from the shops.

cheshire, england
5. Re: Getting to Chester Zoo by Train

I didn't explain what I meant, sorry. I was thinking that anyone arriving by train could get the bus to the zoo then pick up the no.1 Liverpool bus, which calls at Cheshire Oaks (every 20 minutes from zoo). It just struck me as an easier way to get there than traipsing across the city centre to the bus station.

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
reviews: 16
6. Re: Getting to Chester Zoo by Train

There is a shuttle bus into the city centre from the station which would help people not going to the zoo

7. Re: Getting to Chester Zoo by Train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 05, 2014