We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurants and shops

Which Chester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new orleans...
reviews: 23
Good restaurants and shops

Will be spending a weekend at the end of May in Chester. Since I will be spending so much money staying at the Grosvener, I was interested in dining out of the hotel at night. What are the top 5 restaurants with perhaps Italian, French, or just excellent food?

Also, if I was looking for a good antique store and perhaps a nice men's store for wool scarves and sweaters, where would I go?

Chester
11. Re: Good restaurants and shops

Further to Yafflesprite post-

We've been to both International Thai and Ruan Orchid Thai Restaurants - I would add that the first is more like a cafe and personally food was not memorable (although we were on a buffet night- they are never as good as a real thing) - while Ruan Orchid is more like a restaurant, is located in an oldish building and has a nice feel to it, and dishes were cooked properly (I know abouth this thing- honeymoon for almost a month in Thailand).

Upstairs at the Grill bar is EXTREMELY expensive- we were there on a leaving do once- drinks prices were even higher than in Chester Grosvenor!

As to Chinese, Raffles on Eastgate Rows is quite good- had an enjoyable birthday banquet there. Hubby says Slowboat on top of Iceland frozen foods is not bad either.

north wales
reviews: 16
12. Re: Good restaurants and shops

hi, just spent the night and a couple of days in chester - stayed at the queens - lovely. on monday evening we dined at "aquavit" - not far from the grosvenor - about 100yds from the cross. enjoyed our meal - the nicest we've had for a while - very impressed, and reasonable - very exciting menu - i chose: a crab, pasta and orange starter, lamb - the most delicious ever, frozen cheesecake [ honey and caramel] - very different.

Chester, UK
reviews: 1
13. Re: Good restaurants and shops

The best Chinese in Chester by a long chalk is the Shanghai on Hoole Rd

Bolton
reviews: 25
14. Re: Good restaurants and shops

I had a great meal at La Taverna - fantastic building as well.

Conwy.North Wales
reviews: 5
15. Re: Good restaurants and shops

Why not try some fish and chips at lunch time go down to the river and enjoy,

joana

16. Re: Good restaurants and shops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, August 26, 2009