We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East Cheshire

Which Cheshire hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 1
East Cheshire

Can anyone suggest a nice area in East Chershire (Macclefield, Knutsford, Wilmslow) or somewhere else.

We are driving from London to Manchester next March and need to stay somewhere for a night before we get there.

I mention East Cheshire because we will take in Chester later in our trip.

Looking for an area with pubs, restaurants and shops. Not concerned about price

Thanks

Kati

Cambridge, United...
1. Re: East Cheshire

hi

chester the town is well worth seeing and of the places you have mentioned i have been to knutsford and its a well-off sort of place with enough money to have a few nice restaurants etc

HOWEVER seems to me you are missing the chance to see a bit of the countryside stay in the peak district and enjoy the scenery as you drive into manchester following morning Ashbourne Bakewell and Buxton are nice towns and Castleton a nice little village

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Cheshire
2. Re: East Cheshire

Since you're doing Chester later in your trip I'll agree with Beeble. A stop off in the Peak District will be good. Buxton is nice.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 1
3. Re: East Cheshire

Thanks for your replies

4. Re: East Cheshire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, September 14, 2009