We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Weymouth Guernsey Ferry still operating?

Which Guernsey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denmark
reviews: 109
Is Weymouth Guernsey Ferry still operating?

Hello and greetings from Denmark

I am slowly beginnnig to plan my next visit to England and I wondered if there are still ferries between Weymouth and Guernsey.

When I try to book to see timetables and prices, the webpage tells me that everything (in those particular dates) is booked and I wondered if that can be true...

Thanks for your help!

Best regards

Oscar

Cotswolds
1. Re: Is Weymouth Guernsey Ferry still operating?

Not sure if they still run from Weymouth - they do from Poole and Portsmouth for sure

Condor Ferries run them

Guernsey, United...
Destination Expert
for Dingle, Guernsey, The Burren
reviews: 138
2. Re: Is Weymouth Guernsey Ferry still operating?

Hallo Oscar

Welcome to the Guernsey forum! What a small world it is: I recognised your name as soon as I saw it, and remembered that you visited Ireland a few years ago and linked some very nice photos for us to enjoy :-)

Condor Ferries is the company that operates between the Channel Islands and UK and France. Unfortunately there has been a problem with the structure of the quay in Weymouth, so all ferry sailings have been moved to Poole in Dorset until further notice.

http://www.condorferries.co.uk/

If you're just travelling as a foot passenger, you should have no problem making a reservation. Please let us know if you encounter any difficulty booking online, and we'll try to help.

:-)

Denmark
3. Re: Is Weymouth Guernsey Ferry still operating?

Sarnia!

Thanks for your comments and I am glad to be remembered... I already visited Ireland 3 times...

I will keep an eye on the quay situation. I am planning my Easter 2013 vacation so there is plenty of time for a solution.

As I recently visited Jersey I would like to at least get an idea of how Guernsey looks like...

Thanks again!

Oscar

Wales
reviews: 14
4. Re: Is Weymouth Guernsey Ferry still operating?

I remember you from the Wales forum! You do get around.

London
5. Re: Is Weymouth Guernsey Ferry still operating?

I was just wondering this myself. Thank you for your replies. Anyone know if the Weymouth quay will be fixed by July? I guess it doesn't sound like it...

London
6. Re: Is Weymouth Guernsey Ferry still operating?

dorsetecho.co.uk/news/…

That answers the question...

Denmark
7. Re: Is Weymouth Guernsey Ferry still operating?

Thanks, Roast! I could read in the comments that this case has a political side too...

Now it is going to be interesting to see if they can finish repairing the quay on time...

Thanks again: great article...

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
reviews: 33
8. Re: Is Weymouth Guernsey Ferry still operating?

Hi Oscar, well...we've never met, but now I AM looking forward to a link to photos from Guernsey

enjoy the island and let us know how it compares to Jersey for you ^_^

Denmark
9. Re: Is Weymouth Guernsey Ferry still operating?

Thanks but... you gotta show some pacience. What I am planning now is my Easter vacation next year. I will try to visit Guernsey for a couple of days and I hope this will be enough to make a fair comparison with Jersey.

And I hope that Weymouth Pier is ready at that time!

Cheers!´

Weymouth, Dorset, UK
reviews: 61
10. Re: Is Weymouth Guernsey Ferry still operating?

There will be no Condor till next year now, due to the quay cracking up!. Hopefully Condor will return, as it is good revenue for Weymouth. Shame it wont be here for the olympics though, as it would have been good for some

spectators to come that route instead of by road!. I confirm that it does go from Poole, but takes a bit longer, You shouild be able to book ok, unless wanting August, when it may be full. Hope this helps everyone.

Get answers to your questions about Guernsey