We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

somewhere to stay

Which Cambridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chester-le-Street...
somewhere to stay

Hello everyone!!

We ( A family of 5 adults ) will be coming to Cambridge early October and will need somewhere to stay for either one or two nights.

The nearer to Caius college the better and the cheaper the better too as we are on a budget.

Any reccomendations will be greatly appreciated as well as any other info.

Thanks in advance.

Gary

East Anglia
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
reviews: 51
1. Re: somewhere to stay

I was going to suggest the Youth Hostel but I googled to give you a link and it is closed for refurbishment until March. I only mention it in case someone suggests it!!

Bob

Chester-le-Street...
2. Re: somewhere to stay

Thanks anyway Bob.

A reasnobly priced B & B is what we are after really.

Gary

Cambridge, United...
reviews: 121
3. Re: somewhere to stay

Maybe one of the Chain hotels (eg Travel Lodge or Premier Inn) book now and you should get a great deal,

Cambridge, United...
reviews: 1
4. Re: somewhere to stay

The college is in City Centre and prices will be bit high around the college. The best place is Milton Road which have number of B & B and they are quite cheap and good. The walk will be around 1 mile (15 - 20 mins) from accomodation to your college.

1- http://www.bedandbreakfastcambridge.net/

2- thecambridgeguesthouse.co.uk/contactus.htm

3- http://victoria-guesthouse.co.uk/contact.html

I hope this will help.

Thanks

Cambridge, United...
reviews: 57
5. Re: somewhere to stay

Hotels in Cambridge can be generally expensive. There is a new Travel lodge on Newmarket Road, Cambridge which is a short walk into town also there is one on the junction of Hills Road, Cherry Hinton Road which is facing some resteraunts, a bowling alley and cinema for the rainy days. Again this is a short walk into town.

Chester-le-Street...
6. Re: somewhere to stay

Thanks for all the replies.

We are staying at The Earl Of Derby.It seems very nice and there is a live band advertised on Saturday 8th October when we are staying.

We are only down in Cambridge for one night to help my son with his stuff for University.

Thanks

Gary

Cambridge, United...
reviews: 121
7. Re: somewhere to stay

Nice little place , one of the few places that hasnt changed much over the years , decent pint as well,

8. Re: somewhere to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 11, 2014