We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much will a taxi cost from heathrow to high wycombe

Which High Wycombe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
reviews: 21
How much will a taxi cost from heathrow to high wycombe

We are traveling to see lacrosse games at the wycombe academy and are trying to find the easiest transportation..not sure if we should just rent a car...from there we have to get to London and Then to harpenden. We are traveling for two weeks in England and Scotland and working around my daughters lacrosse games. We were trying to put of renting a car as traffic and parking sound awful! We,d love to take public transportation but need help!

South Australia
reviews: 12
1. Re: How much will a taxi cost from heathrow to high wycombe

High Wycombe public transport www.carouselbuses.com

London transport www.tfl.gov.uk

Taxi www.worldtaximeter.com/london

National train information www.nationalrail.co.uk

Car rental www.auto-europe.co.uk

Route planner www.theaa.com

Accommodation www.wotif.com www.bedandbreakfastnationwide.com

South Australia
reviews: 12
2. Re: How much will a taxi cost from heathrow to high wycombe

Private transfer cost www.londonheathrowcars.com

Bucks, UK
reviews: 5
3. Re: How much will a taxi cost from heathrow to high wycombe

As per Nurioopta's link you want the carousel bus A40 service.

You may also find this link useful

travelinesoutheast.org.uk/se/…

However, outside London and certain other major cities, traffic and parking are absolutely fine, so I would not be put off hiring a car altogether. The journey from Heathrow to High Wycombe is quick and easy (takes about 35-40 minutes outside rush hour) and from High Wycombe to Harpenden should take about 45mins-1hour (as opposed to 2 hours by public transport with multiple changes). There are plenty of car parks in High Wycombe and Harpenden, and lots of pretty countryside around to explore which is best done by car.

If you let us know where else is on your itinerary and the dates of travel, we can advise on the best way to get there.

By the way, I've never heard of "the Wycombe Academy" - do you mean Wycombe Abbey or Wycombe High School?

4. Re: How much will a taxi cost from heathrow to high wycombe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, January 11, 2012
High Wycombe...
5. Re: How much will a taxi cost from heathrow to high wycombe

You are talking about a taxi to wycombe approx €84.00. thats a saloon car. Mpv a little more and thats one way. Harpenden is up M1

Cost is about twice as much one way. suggest you contact a national hire company and get quotes for all trips.

Get a quote for a hire car for the time you are here out of. London traffic not bad park outside of cities in park and rides these are cheap and with a sat nav and a little time you dont have to use the Motorways oh the lacrosse isin Wycombe Abbey school. Also plan your trip on google with maps and you will be ok

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
6. Re: How much will a taxi cost from heathrow to high wycombe

This is an old post, how did you dig it up!

London.UK
reviews: 1
7. Re: How much will a taxi cost from heathrow to high wycombe

You are talking about a taxi to wycombe approx €84.00.

==========================================

Why are you quoting prices in euros ?

Hampshire, England.
reviews: 6
8. Re: How much will a taxi cost from heathrow to high wycombe

2 year old post!!!!

Bucks, UK
reviews: 5
9. Re: How much will a taxi cost from heathrow to high wycombe

I now feel very old - I remember responding to this post.

For the record - £45 is more like it for the taxi fare.

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
10. Re: How much will a taxi cost from heathrow to high wycombe

Lol....you are almost 3 years older...how do you feel? (I'd say about 50 quid would be the fare - I pay about that much to our house which in terms of distance is very similar)

Get answers to your questions about High Wycombe