We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Markets

Which Bristol hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
reviews: 35
Christmas Markets

Hi All,

Looking for some advice regarding Christmas Markets in Bath/Bristol. I am thinking of going early December we would like to see the markets but also take in some of the touristy things and some shopping. Will it be busy at this time of year.? We were in Edinburgh last year for the markets and the atmosphere was lovely and the shopping was great and we combined that with seeing the sights hoping to replica this in Bath/Bristol. But open to any suggestions for any UK city with good Christmas markets.

Any tips/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bristol, England
reviews: 110
1. Re: Christmas Markets

Bath Christmas Market is amazing. We go every year. The Express put Bath in the top 5 Christmas Markets in Europe.

express.co.uk/life-style/travel/437435/Mulle…

ireland
2. Re: Christmas Markets

Great Thank You for the link!!

ireland
3. Re: Christmas Markets

Is it best to stay in Bath or Bristol can anyone recommend a centrally located hotel in either location for about £50 per night including brekfast

Bristol, England
reviews: 110
4. Re: Christmas Markets

I'm not too familiar with Bath hotel prices but I'm not sure you'll find anywhere for that unless you look into some out of town B&B's. The ibis at Bristol Temple Meads station is around £50 a night (without breakfast I presume) and you can get a day return train ticket to Bath (takes 10-15 mins) for around £8.

I live in the area and there isn't much near the hotel unfortunately apart from the train station. There is a small shop, Starbucks and Wetherspoons (for a cheap breakfast!) but if you're spending all day in Bath then that doesn't really matter so much.

shoestring-UK
reviews: 14
5. Re: Christmas Markets

Bristol is definitely better for hotels, both range of options and prices. People sometimes forget there are ferry boats trading around the floating harbour... they make the Temple Meads IBIS an interesting place to be by taking you into the heart of the city on the water. Of course it is an easy and pleasant 10 minuet walk to Castle Park, the main shopping centres and St Nicks /farmers markets too. But there are at least 3 other hotels in the same area at the budget end of the market, so lots to think about. The train to Bath takes a mice route alongside the River Avon and goes right into the central area (thank you Isambard Kingdom Brunel, who also designed our famous bridge and the SS Great Britain too).

ireland
6. Re: Christmas Markets

Thanks for all the very detailed replies. I need to decide now and bogok everything

ireland
7. Re: Christmas Markets

Bath markets were beautiful, would not recommend Bristol or the markets bath is more picturesque. Stayed in the Bristol hotel beside the harbour lovely hotel but not great location. Thanks for all the advice

8. Re: Christmas Markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 03, 2015