We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston to New York via Cape Cod

Which Cape Cod hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston to New York via Cape Cod

Hello,

I’m hoping I can pick your collective Cape Cod / Boston brains for my holiday.

I’m coming from Ireland to New York with a friend for a wedding in May. We’ll be staying New York for over a week but are flying to Boston first & taking a little trip down to New York via Cape Cod. I

We’ve a couple of nights in Boston then heading to Cape Cod for a long weekend based in South Yarmouth.

I plan on renting a car but not sure if its better to do so in Boston & drive to Cape Cod or get the ferry from Boston to Provincetown & hire the car there.

As we’re staying in South Yarmouth there will be a bit of a drive from Provincetown so could be quicker to come straight from Boston but as we’re leaving Boston on a Friday I’m afraid we might get caught up in Friday traffic.

The date is Friday May 16th which is before Memorial Day weekend so from what I’ve read traffic onto the Cape shouldn’t be too bad but the ferry could be more scenic. I’ve checked the ferry schedules & as luck would have it they start that very day but is this reliable? As far as I know the rental company isn’t based in Provincetown but will pick up from the ferry.

Any recommendations for Cape Cod would be welcome. I’d like to visit either Martha’s Vineyard or Nantucket- unfortunately don’t think we’ll get to both over the weekend. Also would like to see The National Seashore and of course sample some seafood!

After Cape Cod we’re spending a night in Newport (not much I know but budget dictates!) then thinking of driving most of the way to New York dropping rental car off on route (possibly New Haven) & getting train into Manhattan.

I’ve booked accommodation so am just trying to finalise the finer details now!

Thanks in advance for any help / advice offered.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 1
11. Re: Boston to New York via Cape Cod

It wasn't exactly pleasant in Boston either, but I think you had us beat this year. Let's hope next year is better for all of us.

reviews: 12
12. Re: Boston to New York via Cape Cod

Amen to that!

13. Re: Boston to New York via Cape Cod

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 07, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Cape Cod