We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving suggestions

Which Cape Cod hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Framingham...
Thanksgiving suggestions

Will be on the Cape for the Thanksgiving weekend. Haven't decided if we'll eat in or out.

Would appreciate Thanksgiving restaurant suggestions in the Dennis area.

thanks!

Breckenridge...
reviews: 68
1. Re: Thanksgiving suggestions

Google Clancys'...I "think" they put on a Thanksgiving Day dinner. Food always good but only had their seafood.

Boston...
reviews: 130
2. Re: Thanksgiving suggestions

I'd suggest the Yarmouth House in West Yarmouth yarmouthhouse.com/The_Yarmouth_House/Holiday… or the Olde Yarmouth Inn in Yarmouthport http://oldyarmouthinn.com/holidays-events/. Dennis is the next town over.

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
reviews: 4
3. Re: Thanksgiving suggestions

The Ocean House in Dennisport (right on the water) has had great Thanksgiving Dinners in the past. I'd give them a call to see if they are offering it again this year, I don;t see anything on their website right now....

www.oceanhouserestaurant.com

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
reviews: 36
4. Re: Thanksgiving suggestions

You might try the Wild Goose Tavern at the Wayside Inn in Chatham. It's a lovely, historic place, and a TripAdvisor member who enjoyed the Thanksgiving buffet posted a review here last year:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g185492-i369-k5924…

Framingham...
5. Re: Thanksgiving suggestions

Good suggestions. I've eaten at all of them and will check into their Thanksgiving offerings. I always forget that the Ocean House stays open past summer.

Hartford...
6. Re: Thanksgiving suggestions

We loved the Wayside Tgiving Dinner Buffet and we're going back again this year. Call for reservations; I don't think they're posting much about this on their website. It's a well attended buffet; call soon!

Framingham...
7. Re: Thanksgiving suggestions

We decided on Ocean House and are hoping for a pretty day. Thanks all.

Boston...
8. Re: Thanksgiving suggestions

My husband, brother in law and I went to the Ocean House for Thanksgiving dinner this year. They were serving dinner from 12 - 5, our reservation was at 1.

I called for reservations 3 weeks before Thanksgiving and they only had noon, 1:00 and 5 left so my advice is to call EARLY to get your preferred time. They did call me to confirm our reservation on Monday before Thanksgiving so that was nice and saved me the trouble.

The Good:

The decor and view were really nice. The restaurant was comfortable and upscale without seeming stuffy.

The service was prompt and friendly without feeling rushed - despite how busy they were we never felt like they were trying to "turn over the table."

They had a Thanksgiving special for $27 which was a HUGE plate of everything good about Thanksgiving - white and dark meat Turkey with gravy, mashed potato, sweet potato gratin (amazing!), stuffing, butternut squash, green beans, and a really outstanding whole berry cranberry sauce. The portions were way more than we could finish. The regular menu was also available so you weren't limited to Turkey. Also, we ordered some pork belly pot stickers so we could sample their normal "pan Asian" cuisine. Those were very good and very unusual for a Thanksgiving meal.

The "needs improvement"

I found the food to be very salty. I tried the clam chowder soup special as an app and only had a few bites of it because of the salt. I also found many items on the Thanksgiving plate to be salty - especially the turkey. I don't cook with a lot of salt myself so it could be that my palate isn't used to it, or maybe the turkey was brined, but I found it unpleasantly salty. Also, the food wasn't very hot when it reached the table. The wine list was very good, but my husband ordered a cocktail and we all thought that for a $12 drink it came with a LOT of ice. Not a great value there.

All in all, I'd call the positive and negative aspects of the meal about even. We definitely enjoyed our Thanksgiving dinner but I'm not sure I'd go back again.

Framingham...
9. Re: Thanksgiving suggestions

We had a great Thanksgiving dinner at Ocean House. Was late in making reservations, so could only get Noon or 5pm - we took the noon. Both my husband and I had the Turkey dinner and neither had issues with saltiness (I cook with little or no salt). We started with a crab cake and pot stickers and ended with the Pumpkin cheescake thingy :) I brought half of my dinner home for leftovers.

It was a pretty day and we very much enjoyed the view!

10. Re: Thanksgiving suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 05, 2014