We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Beach Close to Dennis or "On Way Back" to NJ?

Which Cape Cod hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Jersey
reviews: 10
Ocean Beach Close to Dennis or "On Way Back" to NJ?

We would like to check out an ocean beach in Cape Cod on our last day here. We are staying in Dennis and have done Chapin Beach already; hope to do Mayflower Beach tomorrow.

Since we'll be heading back to NJ after, a location with a place to rinse off and change would be ideal. Public parking/access too!

Any suggestions? I love TA - couldnt have done this trip without it!!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 57
1. Re: Ocean Beach Close to Dennis or "On Way Back" to NJ?

Well it is not on the way back to NJ ... But if you haven't been to any of the National Seashore beaches you haven't seen Cape Cod. Venture down to Eastham, the Visitors' Center and Nauset Light Beach

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 3
2. Re: Ocean Beach Close to Dennis or "On Way Back" to NJ?

If you don't want to go that far then Nauset Beach in Orleans will be good. Big parking lot, food, toilets, and showers and changing rooms.

Boston...
reviews: 119
3. Re: Ocean Beach Close to Dennis or "On Way Back" to NJ?

My favorite beach is Bass River beach in South Yarmouth. It's the next town over from Dennis, heading back to NJ. There is a snack shack and bathrooms. I know there's not a shower inside the bathroom, but they may have one outside the shack. I can't remember.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
4. Re: Ocean Beach Close to Dennis or "On Way Back" to NJ?

The OP said that they wanted an ocean beach.

Boston...
5. Re: Ocean Beach Close to Dennis or "On Way Back" to NJ?

ISn't that an ocean beach? It's not on the bay side.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
6. Re: Ocean Beach Close to Dennis or "On Way Back" to NJ?

Well, it's Nantucket Sound I believe which is not quite the same as what I and others on here think of when we say ocean beach. Maybe it will do for the OP if they don't want to go further down the Cape before leaving for home.

Boston...
7. Re: Ocean Beach Close to Dennis or "On Way Back" to NJ?

Ahhh, got ya. That is interesting.

8. Re: Ocean Beach Close to Dennis or "On Way Back" to NJ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 29, 2014