We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jellyfish

Which Cape Cod hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CT
reviews: 26
Jellyfish

Is the cape experiencing an overpopulation of jellyfish at the beaches?one of my customers just told me she read it somewhere

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
reviews: 137
1. Re: Jellyfish

I haven't seen anything anywhere. There is a website for jellyfish sightings, but nothing much in the northeast.

http://www.jellywatch.org/sightings_list

Boston...
reviews: 149
2. Re: Jellyfish

I didn't see any when we were on the cape a couple weeks ago in South Yarmouth.

CT
3. Re: Jellyfish

Ok good,I had to check w the forum.she said something about it being a problem because of the warmer water.but i don't see how the water is any warmer this yr that past yrs

Boston...
reviews: 149
4. Re: Jellyfish

Well, I do agree that the water is warmer. I grew up on the cape and I don't remember the water ever being this warm. The posted temp at the station when we drove in was 71 degrees.

Boston...
reviews: 27
5. Re: Jellyfish

There were some tiny jellyfish at Ridgevale Beach a couple of weeks ago. They werent stinging anyone however - just a few tiny blobs of jelly like material floating around. I wouldnt have even noticed them if someone hadnt pointed them out. No jellyfish at Nauset that I noticed although there could be. So let me just state that I have not been bitten by a jellyfish this year even though there have been sitings.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 62
6. Re: Jellyfish

I just searched for jellyfish on the Boston Globe website and found nothing relevant

Boston...
7. Re: Jellyfish

The water at Marconi beach was listed today at a balmy 62F. No jellyfish.

cape cod
reviews: 5
8. Re: Jellyfish

We don't usually have that problem here (knocking on wood) as our waters aren't really that warm. We have the occasional blob sort of jelly fish (no tentacles hanging) I see them on the beach when I go walking now and then but not many of them and not very often. I don't know what sort of jelly they are.

Susan

cape cod
9. Re: Jellyfish

So far, so good, this year, I've only occasionally seen the blob ones. Last summer, was unusual, I was stung many times from big ones with the tentacles, in the sound beaches; hope that we won't see any of them this year!

CT
10. Re: Jellyfish

I'm glad to hear the water seems to be warmer this year! it seemed pretty warm last July.beaches here are alot colder