We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Part 4 Cape Cod

Which Cape Cod hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Catlin, Illinois
reviews: 102
Trip Report Part 4 Cape Cod

Part 1 Lincoln, NH (White Mountains)

Part 2 Ashland, NH (Lakes Region)

Part 3 Boston

Part 4 Cape Cod

Wednesday June 26: We left around 9 am from the Comfort Inn in Plymouth. My wife and I were ready to go, but our 2 grown daughters and their husbands did not get in until late driving from a night game at Fenway.

We drove to the Park Service Salt Pond Visitor Center. The ranger at the desk was very helpful planning our day on the Cape. From there was a short drive to the tram parking area for Coast Guard Beach. We took the tram down to the beach and walked the beach to Nauset Beach. Then up the stairs and walked over to Nauset Light. And since we were there, we walked over to the Three Sisters Lighthouses.

We were all tired of walking in sand, so we walked back down the road to Coast Guard Beach. There were not many cars and a nice walk with some views of the ocean.

We took the tram back to the cars and drove to Provincetown.

We all were surprised and enjoyed the large sand dunes on the road to Provincetown. We had lunch at Lucky Dog and a short walk through town.

We arrived at Race Point Beach along with the rain. We were able to take a couple pictures and ran back to the car. So we went over to Herring Cove Beach. It was still pouring, but we did see a seal swimming by in the ocean.

So we decided to drive to Highland Light. We drove out of the rain and arrived before they closed. We took a few pictures and drove on to the next stop, Chatham Light.

Great views of the beach in the parking lot at Chatham light. We were about to leave when saw a man walking up the steps from the beach with a Acadia NP t-shirt. I was also wearing a Acadia NP t-shirt so a stopped to talk to him. He told us that there were many seals on the beach (about a mile south). Of course we had to go see them. But, by the time we walked out there, the seals

where out into the water.

When we got back to the parking lot, my daughter was talking to a couple about places to eat in the area. They recommended the Squire in Chatham. We went there but there was a half hour wait. So my wife and daughters walked across the street for fudge while I waited with the son-in-laws. Dinner was good at the Squire. After dinner was the hour drive back to Plymouth.

This was our first trip to Cape Cod and everyone enjoyed it. We are looking forward to coming and spending more time.

Thank you for reading my trip report. You can view our travel pictures here: https://picasaweb.google.com/rwdwTA

You can read future parts of our New England Trip

Part 5 Plymouth, MA

Part 6 Ogunquit, ME

Part 6 Road Trips

Boston...
reviews: 146
1. Re: Trip Report Part 4 Cape Cod

Glad you enjoyed your trip to the cape despite the weather.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 1
2. Re: Trip Report Part 4 Cape Cod

Enjoyed reading your reports. Glad to hear that you plan to return to the Cape. I warn you, it gets addictive.

Catlin, Illinois
3. Re: Trip Report Part 4 Cape Cod

Hi bmoruzzi,

We did have a great time on the Cape. Weather was just a small part of our visit.

Hi Senior65,

I am glad you enjoyed my trip reports. We just had a small taste of the Cape the day we were there. We do want to see what more it holds for us.

cape cod
4. Re: Trip Report Part 4 Cape Cod

Thanks for sharing! :)

Boston...
5. Re: Trip Report Part 4 Cape Cod

You saw a good sample of the Cape. No matter how many times I see the Provincetown dunes, I'm always enthralled.

Catlin, Illinois
6. Re: Trip Report Part 4 Cape Cod

Hi capelili and ting,

I am glad you enjoyed my trip report. The cape is a special place that we will have to return to.

Kittery, Maine
reviews: 52
7. Re: Trip Report Part 4 Cape Cod

Chatham - another of my fave spots. What an excellent trip you planned out. I'm sure you could have spent days in any one of these locations and will be back to do just that. BTW - you've hit all of this in summer - another time you may want to try fall - fall foliage season in late Sep and early Oct is spectacular throughout New England as I'm sure you're aware.

Thanks for sharing

cape cod
8. Re: Trip Report Part 4 Cape Cod

Happy you'll be visiting again someday! :)

9. Re: Trip Report Part 4 Cape Cod

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Cape Cod