We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Cod last week in October

Which Cape Cod hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
reviews: 18
Cape Cod last week in October

The wife and i like to travel off peak season, this fall we are thinking of doing a week in Cape Cod and maybe a side trip to Bar Harbor on the way home..

We like restaurants,walking on deserted beaches and indoor pools are a definite plus.

First resort/hotel the wife googled was something called the Cape Codder resort

http://www.capecodderresort.com/

Tips and advice would be appreciated about the area as we've never been to Cape Cod

Thanks

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
reviews: 96
1. Re: Cape Cod last week in October

Hi, here is a link to a Top Question for Cape Cod, found on the right side of the page here, this will help get you started. October can be a beautiful month on the Cape:

tripadvisor.com/…48667198

reviews: 12
2. Re: Cape Cod last week in October

For long walks on the beach you can't beat the Cape Cod National Seashore beaches from Eastham to Provincetown. Since you will want to be near Orleans for plenty of fine dining during the off-season, you should probably take a look at a map and make your plans based on location. There are several places in Eastham with indoor pools but they are all on the highway. If you find a place that you like that does not have a pool, you can always swim and work out at Willy's Gym in North Eastham.

Are you looking for a motel, B+B inn, or cottage/house for the week?

Take a look at Kim Grant's suggestions on your i-phone or i-pad. She has been reviewing the Cape for 15 years and is offering the Essential Cape Cod app for free on i-tunes. http://tinyurl.com/capecodapp

Edited: 6:52 pm, June 20, 2013
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
reviews: 104
3. Re: Cape Cod last week in October

The Cape Codder that you mentioned is in Hyannis. Is that the area that you want to stay in or just a place you looked at? Please be aware that Hyannis is the largest town on the Cape and is the most unlike the rest of Cape Cod. However, in the off-season it will probably give you the most options of things to do.

That late in the year many restaurants will be closed for the year and shops will have much curtailed hours.

You will find many deserted beaches to walk.

Boston...
reviews: 94
4. Re: Cape Cod last week in October

Hyannis may be where you want to stay to be close to restaurants and bars. For a walk I'd recommend West Dennis beach as it's a longer one.

cape cod
5. Re: Cape Cod last week in October

If you stay in Hyannis, there are many beaches to take nice walks on. Sandy Neck, off Rt 6A, Barnstable, is really good for a long walk, as well as many others on the Cape. Have a great visit! :)

Edited: 8:35 pm, June 20, 2013
Montreal, Canada
6. Re: Cape Cod last week in October

Cape Codder was just something that came up on Google,While it seems to have all the amenities further research puts it quite a hike from the beach/water.

One thing i really enjoy is a beach or water view from the hotel room..

cape cod
7. Re: Cape Cod last week in October

Yes, the Cape codder is a nice resort,, but it's located on busy Rt 132; & you'd have to drive to get to the beaches.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
reviews: 96
8. Re: Cape Cod last week in October

Take look at Sea crest Beach resort in Falmouth & Ocean Edge in Brewster.

Montreal, Canada
9. Re: Cape Cod last week in October

Kendrick the Sea crest Beach resort in Falmouth looks like the type of place we are looking for but we'd like something a bit further out on the cape, the Ocean edge is in a better location but doesnt look like our preferred style of hotel,...

Boston...
reviews: 94
10. Re: Cape Cod last week in October

The red jacket is right on the beach in South Yarmouth.