We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Wild Goose at The Wayside Inn Chatham at Thanksgiving

Which Cape Cod hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hartford...
The Wild Goose at The Wayside Inn Chatham at Thanksgiving

Somebody here mentioned there was a buffet at The Wild Goose this Thanksgiving and I am writing to say we went to the Thanksgiving buffet and enjoyed it very much. We had a 2:15 reservation for 6 people and were promptly seated. The beautiful dining rooms were largely filled so the atmosphere was festive. They served a wonderful appetizer buffet that included huge shrimp cocktails, caviar, various cheeses, crackers, sopprasetta, different salamis, dips, etc. The only thing missing was a true salad. Dinner was simple and delicious with roast turkey breast, mashed potatoes, squash/yams with nutmeg and cinnamon, green bean casserole, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and a cutting station with prime rib and salmon. Dessert was pecan pie, apple cobbler, pastries, candies, and on and on. Everything was delicous and at $48.00 a person worth it to us. This was the first time we didn't cook for Thanksgiving but it won't be the last. None of us were exhausted and nobody missed the leftovers or the clean up! Thanks to whoever mentioned it here. We loved our dinner and the whole experience.

Hartford...
1. Re: The Wild Goose at The Wayside Inn Chatham at Thanksgiving

It was Pastiche who mentioned it. Thank-you very much.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g185492-i369-k5853…

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 62
2. Re: The Wild Goose at The Wayside Inn Chatham at Thanksgiving

Thanks for getting back with your comments. It sounds wonderful.

Hartford...
3. Re: The Wild Goose at The Wayside Inn Chatham at Thanksgiving

It was great. I had made apple and pumpkin pies that we had back at the house with coffee and after-dinner drinks. It was a very pleasant afternoon.

Hartford...
4. Re: The Wild Goose at The Wayside Inn Chatham at Thanksgiving

Does anyone know if the Wequassett Resort has a Thanksgiving buffet?

reviews: 12
5. Re: The Wild Goose at The Wayside Inn Chatham at Thanksgiving

I believe that the Wequassett is closed for the season.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
reviews: 42
6. Re: The Wild Goose at The Wayside Inn Chatham at Thanksgiving

I'm so glad you enjoyed the buffet at the Wild Goose Tavern, andI appreciate your coming back to follow up. Whenever we kids were unable to get home for Thanksgiving, my parents would head to the Wayside Inn for their turkey dinner. It is a very cozy spot in the late fall and winter, especially if they have a fire going in the anteroom.

Hartford...
7. Re: The Wild Goose at The Wayside Inn Chatham at Thanksgiving

It was very cozy and the fire was blazing away. I highly recommend The Wayside.

Hartford...
8. Re: The Wild Goose at The Wayside Inn Chatham at Thanksgiving

And we have reservations for dinner at the Wild Goose at the Wayside Inn again this Thanksgiving. We're looking forward to this and feel confident it will be as lovely a dinner this year as last.

9. Re: The Wild Goose at The Wayside Inn Chatham at Thanksgiving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 14, 2014