We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help for Cape Cod vacation

Which Cape Cod hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Need help for Cape Cod vacation

We are a family of four visiting Cape Cod at the end of July. Our kids are 7 and 10. After looking through every web site and Cape Cod book imaginable I am still undecided... Where to stay? There were several hotels/inns close to if not over looking the harbor in Hyannis that looked good. We also were looking at the Cape Codder but have seen both good and horrible reviews. This is our first time to the Cape and we have only 7 days( 5 really w/ the flight). I want my family to enjoy this trip. Any suggestions from lodging, restaurants, beaches and sites to see would be so appreciated. We also want to see The Vineyard. Would that be suggested with our kids ages? Should we bike it? In a nut shell, we want a decent place to stay and interesting things to see and do. If you feel you can help me I would be greatful. Thanks!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 20
1. Re: Need help for Cape Cod vacation

Since you are coming across the country to enjoy Cape Cod why not stay on the beach and let the waves lull you to sleep?I'm sure the Cape Codder is nice on the inside but the location is a busy, commercial area. You could be near the ferries and Hyannis but on the beach if you stayed on the Yarmouth (next town east) beaches. I don't understand people who suggest hotels on busy Rt. 28 when one can choose the beach. On South Shore Dr. Yarmouth there's the Red Jacket Beach Resort (www.redjacketinns.com/redjacket) or cottages like Seaside (www.seasidecapecod.com) at 135 South Shore, Beach House at Bass River (800-345-6065) at 73 South Shore, Ocean Mist (800-248-6478) at 96 South Shore Drive. Your kids would stay free in your room at Ocean Mist. You probably already know the MV Chamber is at www.mvy.com. Don't forget to stop in at Mad Martha's for homemade ice cream. Have fun and let us know when you return what you did and what you all enjoyed most if you want to.

Centerville...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Need help for Cape Cod vacation

I agree with CapeCodCharlie, however, let me put a plug in for the Hyannis harbor. There's a wonderful Pirate adventure tour perfect for your children's ages, along with great family friendly restaurants and the public beach is a short walk away. Hyannis harbor is very close to the Main St. in Hyannis (a few minutes walk) where you'll not tire of the various restaurants, ice cream parlors and our very own amphibious Duck Tour. The boats for MV and Nantucket are also there along with various harbor cruise boats as well. Hope this helps.

PA
reviews: 8
3. Re: Need help for Cape Cod vacation

If you decide to stay in Hyannis, I recommend Sea Coast Inn for a cheaper hotel alternative. We stayed here for 3 nights, it is a basic hotel (but for us we don't spend a lot of time in the hotel room)... It is close to restaurants and the ferries if you plan on exploring the islands... The hotel was very clean and the owners are very knowledgeable about the Cape. There are beaches close by and miniature golf and other activities...

Get answers to your questions about Cape Cod