We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Cod/Marthas Vineyard in Sept.

Which Cape Cod hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 9
Cape Cod/Marthas Vineyard in Sept.

Me and my girlfriend are planning a weekend trip to either Cape Cod or Marthas Vineyard in Sept., the week after Labor day. Neither of us have ever been there and I have no idea of which of the two to go. Could someone recomend which of the two would be best for a couple who like to take it easy and walk around and see the sites (I'll aslo be bringing a bike and my surf rod). I could also use some information on some affordable places to stay and eat. Any other information that you would think to be useful would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Brian

New York
reviews: 2
1. Re: Cape Cod/Marthas Vineyard in Sept.

Sept. is my favorite time of year to go to the Cape. Kids are back in school, the crowds are gone, the weather is still nice and the oysters are fat and delicious. Martha's Vineyard is great but it's also very expensive. I'd suggest you go with one of the towns in the Outer Cape - they're less expensive, easier to get to and the surf and the natural surroundings are just what you're looking for.

I have an annual trip with a group of 6 30-something friends in Wellfleet around that time: lots of great beaches, great bike riding, boat rentals at the harbor and fires on the beach at night (with a permit from the fire dept., of course). This board is helpful but nothing is going to be as useful as a good travel guide. This is the book you want:

kimgrant.com/an_explorers_guide/index.html