We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Guarda September 2013

Belfast, United...
reviews: 21
Lake Guarda September 2013

Hi

Im new to the forum but was hoping for some advice - i seen some old threads but was looking for some up to date info....

Firstly can anyone tell me what the weather will be 2nd week of September from previous experince ?

Also im flying into Verona Airport and needing to transfer - my hotel has quoted 66 Euro fare - Is this reasonable or can i bus it ?

Any responses or advice would be greatly apprecicated

Thanks

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
1. Re: Lake Guarda September 2013

The weather the 2nd week of September should still be quite good but you should check the forecast a few days before you leave the www.weather.com to see the day and evening temperatures. If you let us know what town you're staying in we can give you more info regarding transport.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
reviews: 12
2. Re: Lake Guarda September 2013

Hi, welcome to the forum! What time does your flight arrive?

As Chrella says, we need to know your exact location to be able to give advice for travelling by public transport from Verona Airport, or to say whether the €66 fare is good value or not.

The weather in September can often be quite settled with some warm, sunny days but unfortunately nothing is guaranteed. Forecasts are rarely accurate for more than a day or two ahead. We usually tell visitors to pack for all possibilities - lightweight rain jacket, umbrella, cardigan or light sweater (for mornings/evenings when it can be a bit cooler) as well as sun cream and sunhats!

Belfast, United...
3. Re: Lake Guarda September 2013

Hi guys

Thanks for your responses -

We are travelling to Bardolino. Our flight is early morning so we would have time to perhaps look into buses on the way there but im not a fan of hassle ! our return flight is also early so i will probably be at the mercy of the Taxis .......

I know a very general question here but can you recommend a few must do activities when in the area...

Thanks

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
reviews: 61
4. Re: Lake Guarda September 2013

Check with your hotel as most of them in Bardolino will offer very reasonable transfers to and from Verona airport, with some hotels these are free for stays of 7 days or more.

As for suggestions of what to do, that really depends on your interests. Malcesine and the cable car to Monte Baldo, but make sure its a clear day, is something not to missed. Sirmione is also worth a visit, although it does get very crowded, and is best done by ferry. There is a bus from Bardolino that will take you right up the eastern shore to Riva del Garda, and as far as Peschiera del Garda and on to Verona. There is a lakeside path from Bardolino to Garda to the north, taking around 40/45 minutes and to Lazise to the south, taking just over one hour. The path also continues right down to Peschiera del Garda, but is another 2 hours walk from Lazise.

The large market comes to Bardolino on Thursday mornings, until around 1-2 pm and is well worth a wander around. If you miss it that day it the same market visits Lazise on Wednesdays and Garda on Fridays. Hopefuly the free weekly outdoor concerts, by local choirs and orchestras, will still be in the main square outside the church on Wednesday evenings.

If they are of interest, there are the Gardaland Theme Parks just a short bus ride from Bardolino.

You will find lots of information on this website

www.lagodigardamagzine.com

Edited: 4:28 am, August 30, 2013
Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
reviews: 61
5. Re: Lake Guarda September 2013

There is a list September events in Bardolino here

http://www.bardolinotop.it/

Belfast, United...
6. Re: Lake Guarda September 2013

Thank you ! The charge is 66 euro but its a lot handier than the buses I'm sure ! Will check it out !

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
reviews: 12
7. Re: Lake Guarda September 2013

Hi, there's a company that has been mentioned a few times on the forum and they seem to be very reasonable for airport to resort transfers :

www.diy-hols.com

Edited: 12:53 pm, August 30, 2013
8. Re: Lake Guarda September 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Lake Garda