We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lazise or Bardolino

Chesham
Lazise or Bardolino

We are a family of 2 adults and an 18 year old son. We are visiting Italy in August flying into Rome and back from Venice. Our plan is to spend a few days in Rome, take the train to Venice, a few days in Venice followed by a week at Lake Garda. I am looking at Lazise or Bardolino as I thought they would be more convenient for Venice and to visit Verona and Padua. We like to stay in self catering accommodation within walking distance of restaurants and shops etc. We hope to be able to hire bikes and cycle along the lake and also take chair lifts and boat trips. Any advice would be gratefully received.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 49
1. Re: Lazise or Bardolino

Both lovely Bardolino certainly has a lot more going on, bigger but Lazise is a lovely little place , either would be suitable plenty of scope for hiring bikes on both places,

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
reviews: 61
2. Re: Lazise or Bardolino

Bardolino is ideal, with good bus services, one directly to Verona, and with better boat services than Lazise. There is a path along the lakeside, suitable for walking and cycling, from Garda right down to Lazise. The same path then goes on to Peschiera del Garda but the first section between Lazise and Pacengo is a bit rougher and may not be really suitable for cycling.

Chesham
3. Re: Lazise or Bardolino

Many thanks for your help. We have now booked and are going to stay in Lazise. Really looking forward to it.

munich
reviews: 38
4. Re: Lazise or Bardolino

I like both but personally prefer Lazise. Bardolino has more shopping but I think Lazise has nicer little back streets and certainly has more lakefront restaurants.

if you want to use the ferries then Bardolino definitely better - but as I haven't used the ferries since 1994 ferry services don't bother me.

Assume you have checked the location of the property you have booked.

Chesham
5. Re: Lazise or Bardolino

Yes, we are staying at Residence Margherita as my son loves playing tennis. We are keen walkers and social cyclists so will probably eat in both Lazise and Bardolino and either walk or cycle to Bardolino.

We are flying in to Rome and back to the UK from Venice. Our plan is to take the train from Rome to Venice, and spend a few days in each city. We will hire a car in Venice to drive to Lazise. Plan to have a day trip to Verona.

It is snowing quite heavily at the moment so the holiday seems a long way away.

munich
reviews: 38
6. Re: Lazise or Bardolino

Just so you are aware the Residence la Margherita is towards the Via Dosso/Strada Provinciale 5 end of the Via delle Coste (about 200m) and not at the other end of the Via delle coste (as shown on google maps and the resorts own website)

It is ~ 1 mile to Lazise lake front. From the main roundabout in Lazise (junction of Via Gardesana and Via Peschiera) it is ~ 1km to the Residence - the first 800m (so half a mile) all uphill

7. Re: Lazise or Bardolino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Lake Garda