We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a good hotel in late Aug

Which Waterton Lakes National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
calgary
looking for a good hotel in late Aug

I'm looking for a romantic hotel to spend our aniversary. Also what is there to do in waterton. Any tips

Calgary, Alberta...
reviews: 3
1. Re: looking for a good hotel in late Aug

Camping_Girl lives in Nanton, and is a great fan of Waterton. Here is a web page that she has created about Waterton:

members.virtualtourist.com/m/adecc/dc729/

Near the bottom of the screen there is a link to another page on which she recommends accommodations. I notice one of the places that Camping_Girl recommends is Crandell Mountain Lodge. Someone whom I know in "real life" highly recommends it as well.

Another place in which I have not stayed, but that I would be willing to try, is Kilmorey Lodge. The only reason I say that is because it is a "Charming Inn of Alberta." I have had good experiences at properties that have that designation.

But it depends when you want to go. My understanding is that some of the properties in Waterton close for the winter.

Hope that helps.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
reviews: 66
2. Re: looking for a good hotel in late Aug

Hi POPfirst,

The Crandall Mountain Lodge has a private cabin on-site, which I would call "romantic". It has hand-made furniture, a fireplace, and I think it also has a hot-tub or 2-person jetted tub, I am a little fuzzy on which it was.

We stayed in a different room last winter and booked their "romantasy" package. It included a dozen roses and champagne, plus gift certificates for breakfast and dinner at the Kilmorey Lodge dining room. It was fantastic! When we checked out, Darcy took us over and showed us the cabin which I am referring to. I thought it would make a great spot for a honeymoon or other romantic retreat.