We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental from Masset--which company and where to drop off?

austin tx
reviews: 29
car rental from Masset--which company and where to drop off?

We will be in Masset for one day in mid May and want to see the parks around there. Then on the Charlotte City and the Heritage Center.

Has anyone rented a car from Rustic Rentals or National, both in Masset? Any issues we should know about?

Then, how to get to Charlotte City? Seems taxis are as expensive as the drop off fee charged by the car companies, $170.

And how long should we allow to see the Heritage Center? Any help will be appreciated.

2 replies to this topic
Port McNeill
reviews: 1
1. Re: car rental from Masset--which company and where to drop off?

I rented a car last year from Rustic Rentals' Queen Charlotte City location. It was less expensive than the major chains and they did not try to up-sell me, They even suggested I decline their insurance because my credit card had car insurance coverage. In general their cars are probably older than the major chains but I think mine had less than 10,000 KM.

Most rental companies do not allow driving on unpaved roads but I double checked with Rustic last year and they were fine with me driving out to Tow Hill on the paved road.

For taxis and buses check out gohaidagwaii.ca/getting-here-around/transpor… . I can't swear to it but I think Eagle Transit (250-559-4461 ) has a bus from Masset to Queen Charlotte.

You should spend at least two hours at the Heritage Centre but many people spend much more than this.

austin tx
reviews: 29
2. Re: car rental from Masset--which company and where to drop off?

Thanks. I have reserved a car with Rustic and will stay in Masset for one night. Then we will catch a sail/motor boat out to Rose Harbor. Your help was most appreciated.

Reply to: car rental from Masset--which company and where to drop off?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Haida Gwaii (Queen...