We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groceries in Ucluelet?

Which Ucluelet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 1
Groceries in Ucluelet?

We're staying for a week in July and hope to do most of our own cooking. Disappointed to see other post about limited seafood availability. What about groceries in general? Especially looking for produce. Do we need to pack it all in or will we be OK?

Banks, Oregon
reviews: 20
1. Re: Groceries in Ucluelet?

Hi cmaas---

I was just there-well just for an hour while on a day boat trip-----but, I visited the Co-Op Centre-----it's a huge grocery store right on a main street. It has groceries, a bakery, a deli-even a hardware section----and fresh flowers (which was the reason for my visit.). I think you'll find it perfect for your needs. Have fun.

Atlanta, Georgia
2. Re: Groceries in Ucluelet?

Wow, that was fast. Thanks! I saw a reference to the co-op but couldn't get a sense of the size or variety.

Banks, Oregon
reviews: 20
3. Re: Groceries in Ucluelet?

you're very welcome--haha-I'm hardly ever very helpful in these forums so glad I saw something that I had just visited-if not for a short time. but yes, it does have everything you will need. Happy travels.

Edited: 11:54 am, June 22, 2012
Nanaimo, Canada
reviews: 28
4. Re: Groceries in Ucluelet?

cmass, if you are driving, you can also stop in Port Alberni and get some groceries there. The prices will be somewhat better, and more selection, more grocery stores to choose from as well. You will want to stop in Port Alberni and fill up the gas tank before heading further west too.

Have a great trip!

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 41
5. Re: Groceries in Ucluelet?

Yes, you can get what you need over there. (There is also a Co-op in Tofino, which has expanded considerably in the years that we have been travelling over to the west coast of Vancouver Island.) However, everything has to be trucked in, which adds to the cost. So, we usually stock up either before we leave home or at Port Alberni. We tend to use the Co-ops for things we have forgotten or run out of.

Ucluelet
6. Re: Groceries in Ucluelet?

Seafood is also available during the summer at Fishfull Thinking on the main road in Ucluelet or ask on the docks - the commercial fisherman may have something for you. The Co-op certainly sells seafood most of the time.

Tofino, Canada
7. Re: Groceries in Ucluelet?

http://www.uclueletcoop.com/

Atlanta, Georgia
8. Re: Groceries in Ucluelet?

Thanks for the link! The only website I could find hadn't been updated since 1999!

9. Re: Groceries in Ucluelet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, December 15, 2013