We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surrey to sacremento 2 days drive

Which Surrey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Surrey to sacremento 2 days drive

Hi everyone

We need to get to sacremento in two days from Surrey bc. We are looking at getting bus into Seattle then hiring a car..from some of my reading I have noted to drive to grants pass on first day then onto sacremento on the second day via crescent city... Given the limited time, we want to have some scenic drive and some straight driving. Is this a good route to take or any other suggestions of where we should stop to break our trip over the two days..thank you

6 replies to this topic
Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
reviews: 90
1. Re: Surrey to sacremento 2 days drive

Are you counting the bus day to Seattle as one of your days? Also are you looking for one way car rental? Be prepared for drop fees if so.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 46
2. Re: Surrey to sacremento 2 days drive

Wow. Why are you driving?

If you want some time for a scenic drive, fly from Vancouver to Portland and save yourselves 5 or 6 hours right there. Renting the car over a shorter distance would reduce your one way drop fees and you should have a little more time to see the scenery.

My favourite bit of the Oregon Coast is between Newport and Florence, but I would stick to the I5 otherwise. The Oregon coast road north of Newport is slow and congested, particularly through Lincoln City.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 113
3. Re: Surrey to sacremento 2 days drive

It is a 12 hour drive from Seattle using mainly Interstate 5. That is the straight line route that takes you from flat land to some mountains (Not Sierra Nevadas, more like Blue Mountains). The Oregon Coast adds hours and provides Queensland type vistas. If I wanted the longer drive I'd go coastal to San Francisco, stay overnight in SF and then putter over to Sacramento. Makes for a long first leg. Most logical and easiest is I-5 which is a divided freeway.

Surrey
reviews: 27
4. Re: Surrey to sacremento 2 days drive

Been on the drive twice from BC to NorCal. However, we drove our own cars. Our latest drive about two years ago we thought about renting a car down in the states. But I do remember, as far as rental car policies (they may have changed) that the car may have unlimited miles but you are only permitted to drive them into an adjacent state. When we drove, we stopped in Eugene to rest up a bit. So you could leave early morning to make it to Sacramento by afternoon.

Thought this was posted in 2014.. oops haha

Edited: 10:29 pm, April 01, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
5. Re: Surrey to sacremento 2 days drive

This is a very very old thread.

Surrey, Canada
reviews: 1
6. Re: Surrey to sacremento 2 days drive

Mufti old is the the new young.