We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Today's List of winery destinations include no Virginia wine

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 54
Today's List of winery destinations include no Virginia wine

I am a big fan of Virginia wines. I live in Arlington and regularly go to Loudoun and Faquire County wineries. I think you do your readers a disservice by not covering these wineries. My son just was married and we used wines from North Gate in Loudoun. It has a very nice solar roof, too. Some wineries, i.e. Paradise Springs, Winery at Bull Run, Chrystalis, Pearmund, LaGrange are even closer to DC. All are good and tourists should know more about them.

8 replies to this topic
reviews: 6
1. Re: Today's List of winery destinations include no Virginia wine

We spent last weekend at the Rebec Winery where they held the annual Garlic and wine Festival. It was a wonderful two days of wine sampling and all kinds of garlic stuff! To us our favorite wines that we tasted and bought we're from Rebecca and Hill Top Winery. Rebecs Autum Glow is outstanding and Hill Top makes and sells varieties of Mead. This year they have a pumpkin spice mead that is to die for.

Edited: 3:00 pm, October 18, 2012
Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 54
2. Re: Today's List of winery destinations include no Virginia wine

Are those wineries in Nellysford, VA?

Thanks,

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
reviews: 106
3. Re: Today's List of winery destinations include no Virginia wine

I think you do your readers a disservice by not covering these wineries.

Welcome to Trip Advisor, Jaydee.

People who are reading and answering these forums are other travelers, like you, not employees of Trip Advisor.

People who write reviews on this site are also travelers, like yourself.

It would be fantastic if you could contribute a review of some of the wineries you mentioned in the "review" section. Just hit the green button that says "write a review" on the appropraite page. I have listed a few below to get you started.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g58095-d19…

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g57615-d25…

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g57542-d32…

Raleigh, North...
reviews: 31
4. Re: Today's List of winery destinations include no Virginia wine

Yeah, Jaydee, its not TA's fault that you aren't seeing much information about Virginia wineries. The information here depends on the folks who visit these places to be kind enough to take a few minutes and tell about their visit- or have a conversation such as this one.

For whatever reason, the wineries in Virginia don't get much written about them anywhere; wine-related forums don't see much Virginia-related talk, either.

Glad you started this conversation, though. Now maybe there will be some more activity on the subject for all of us to read. I've been trying to learn more about VA wineries for nearly a year, but reviews and announcements seem to be few and far between.

Would you please give some more information about the wineries you mentioned? Either as a review, as requested by TA, or here on the thread? Stuff like the kinds of wine they offer and what you liked or disliked about the facilities and/or the wine would be appreciated.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
reviews: 106
5. Re: Today's List of winery destinations include no Virginia wine

Would you please give some more information about the wineries you mentioned? Either as a review, as requested by TA,

Guys, I don't work for TA--I am just another traveler who has access to the internet.

But this is how the forums and review sections work--an exchange of information between fellow travelers.

chesapeake
reviews: 15
6. Re: Today's List of winery destinations include no Virginia wine

I've visited many Va wineries. Some of my favorites are Jefferson, Potomac Pt., Barborsville, Keswick, Kluge (now Trump), Horton, Afton and Ingleside. I'm sure there are others I've enjoyed but can't think of their names. Anyway, the ones mentioned have great atmosphere and very good wines and are located in the Charlottesville or Fredericksburg areas. I haven't been to Loudoun County yet but am planning a visit. I know there are some wonderful wineries up there and I'm looking forward to checking them out.

Ashburn, Virginia
reviews: 58
7. Re: Today's List of winery destinations include no Virginia wine

Tarara is a nice place, decent wines (I liked a few, didn't care for a few as is usually the case when one is wine tasting) but they have concerts outside in the summers that are awesome!

Bogati Bodega has some wonderful wines, is much smaller than Tarara.

Quattro Goombas is a newer winery with some decent reds and a neat name. When I was there they had a little artisans market going on which was fun to browse.

Brookneal, Virginia
reviews: 61
8. Re: Today's List of winery destinations include no Virginia wine

Hi Amy,

You might be surprised to know that you do not have to travel to northern VA to find great Virginia wine.

Just north of the NC/VA border you can start your journey on the Southern Virginia Wine Trail:

http://www.sovawinetrail.com/wineries

"Live Passionately...Wine Your Way Through Southern Virginia!

And no, I am not in any way connected to *any* of these fine establishments, but I have visited a few myself. :)

Reply to: Today's List of winery destinations include no Virginia wine
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Loudoun County