We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Sterling

Flint, Michigan
Moving to Sterling

My son and daughter-in-lawwill be transfering to a resort in Leesburg and they are now going to need a 2 bedroom House to rent or a 2 bedroom apartment. Right now they are paying $500 a month in Portland Oregon so as we see it they are going to have to pay much more. Is there any nice aprtments or houses available in Sterling along the $800- $1200 range available for them. They will be there with in the next 3-4 weeks ....thanks so much

3 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 31
1. Re: Moving to Sterling

This thread will probably be closed soon, as relocation threads aren't allowed. But you are right costs are much higher here. How did they settle on Sterling? If they are working in Leesburg, I would look in Leesburg and also west of Leesburg, perhaps as far as Martinsburg, WV. Many people living in eastern WV commute all the way into DC and the inner VA suburbs, because of the difference in housing prices. Brunswick and Fredrick MD are also worth looking at. But for all these places traffic at rush hour (on route 9 from WV and route 15 from MD) can be terrible. You are basically trading dollars for inconvenience. If a place is cheaper, there will be some negative behind the price difference.

Maryland
reviews: 6
2. Re: Moving to Sterling

I highly suggest that you post your question on the following website http://www.city-data.com/forum in the "Northern Virginia" forum or else just the "Virginia" forum. They deal every day with relocation questions, many of them involving the Leesburg area.

Edited: 1:15 pm, June 03, 2012
U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
reviews: 110
3. Re: Moving to Sterling

+1 to post 1.

Route 7 is the only way to get from Sterling to Leesburg, and during the morning rush hour it can be painful.

The price of rentals will go down the further west you go, so I agree that you should look west of Leesburg.

Reply to: Moving to Sterling
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Loudoun County