We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yoho campground availability in july

Which Field hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ghent, Belgium
Yoho campground availability in july

Hi,

Classic question: do all campgrounds in Yoho NP fill up completely on week days in july? We'd arrive in Yoho from Jasper on july 8th (monday), but probably not before somewhere late in the afternoon (we're planning on doing the icefield parkway that day).

If so, any cheap, reservable alternatives? Whiskey Jack Hostel or others?

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 86
1. Re: Yoho campground availability in july

I don't know the answer to your question, but I would guess that they don't. If they do, you could head back a short way into Banff National Park - although the campground at Lake Louise is not particularly recommended (train noise), the Mosquito Creek campground is only 13 km up the parkway.

There are a few guest houses in Field but no hotels. There is also a hostel at Lake Louise village.

Logan, Utah
reviews: 25
2. Re: Yoho campground availability in july

My guess is that the hostels/inns would be already reserved and booked so no last minute check ins, but that's my guess based on research from last year in August. We stayed at the Kicking Horse CG late August and there were some spots open although it was a weekday.

I'd either make hostel/inn reservations before you leave on your tril, or plan to stop at the CG in the AM to claim a spot before heading up to Icefields Parkway (rather than waiting until the afternoon). It is not too much backtracking.

pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/bc/yoho/activ/camping.aspx

3. Re: Yoho campground availability in july

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, August 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Field